At AND, we accelerate the development of digital capabilities. In practice, that means helping ambitious leaders and organisations build the teams, products, processes and even operational structures they need to close the digital skills gap within their organisation today, so that they thrive tomorrow.
Clients rely on our experience, agility and craft skills across tech and business strategy, software development and product management to address some of the toughest challenges facing their businesses.
We bring aboard thinkers, tinkerers, passionate software craftspeople and inspiring technologists to help us solve these challenges. Together, we’re united by a sense of pragmatism, purpose and a deeply-held belief that digital products and technology alone won’t transform a business or save the world: it’s the people that count.
As a UX Researcher, you plan, design and carry out research activities with users that help teams get a deep understanding of the people that use our clients’ products and services. In turn this research informs the proposition, content and design of the service so that we can be confident that our work meets the needs of our clients, customers and users.
You Will Be Able To
- Work in an open, iterative and collaborative way in a multidisciplinary team
- Have a thorough understanding of user-centred design practices and know how to embed them into an Agile workflow to deliver timely findings
- Be knowledgeable about the technologies used to build and operate digital services, and understand the different technical roles in a multidisciplinary team
- Know how to include all kinds of users in appropriate research activities to help teams deliver accessible services
- Advise, choose and plan the appropriate research methods for different situations and stages of the product life cycle, and know how to apply and conduct the methods correctly.
- Analyse the results of your research to produce clear actionable findings
- Involve colleagues in analysis and synthesis of your findings to increase consensus and challenge assumptions
- Align research to team goals and objectives to create strategic insights in order to support decision making and inform policy and propositions
- Help colleagues understand how digital technology is changing user behaviour, and the challenges and opportunities that brings
- Be the voice of the user ensuring that we understand and meet their needs
- Flex to assist with other UX activities that are not research specific
- Help clients to understand and buy into the value of user research
To do that, it’s essential you bring the following:
- Passion for all things digital, software AND web applications
- A minimum of 4 years related professional work experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work both independently and a willingness to collaborate as part of a team
It’s Helpful If You Also Have
- Demonstrable experience of wireframing and prototyping tools
- An interest in Product and Delivery Strategy
- Experience in running different types of UX workshops
- A passion for Inclusive Research and Design
From the work we deliver, to the way we serve and support our people, we work hard to ensure that there’s nowhere quite like AND. But joining a company is a two-way street: the fit has to work on both sides. So before you apply, here’s three key things to understand about us:
- We’re built for people - like, real humans. Not ‘resources’ or ‘staff’. That means happiness and wellbeing really do matter to us, and we hate unnecessary hierarchy and bureaucracy.
- There’s no well-trodden path ahead: AND is growing fast and forging a new trail. That’s exciting, and gives us all the autonomy and opportunity we love - but bear in mind it also demands focus, patience and resilience.
- Diversity is a priority. After all, to build great products that a wide variety of different people love to use, we need a wide variety of people to help us build them. So diversity is more than a policy or a word: it’s business critical for us.