Our Customer’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they are building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
We are seeking a UX Researcher on a contract basis to help support our Customer’s business needs. As a UX Researcher, you’ll be responsible for uncovering the user insights and feedback that guide our early research and advanced development toward experiences that are useful, usable, and desirable.
What You’ll Do
- Design & conduct research to guide the development of novel audio-centric AR/VR user experiences, leveraging a range of qualitative and quantitative UX research approaches and tools such as literature reviews, user interviews, usability testing, lab-based experimentation, and surveys.
- Translate the research insights into actionable, measurable UX recommendations and drive implementation with cross-functional partners
- Work closely with partners and stakeholders to influence the development and integration of future AR/VR experiences and solutions
- Work closely with other UX researchers to help design research plans and specific studies, as well as communicate findings with stakeholders and drive the impact of the work.
- Independently complete research, including data collection, data analysis, reporting, collaborating with teams to act upon research results, and knowledge consolidation.
- 2+ years experience conducting applied research on consumer products involving both qualitative and quantitative methods in the industry
- 2+ years of experience conducting behavioral research with audio and audio-related devices (e.g., HMDs, smart glasses, headphones, smart speakers, and more)
- 1+ years of working in cross-functional teams
- Experience using psychophysical/psychoacoustic methods
- Experience with AR/VR technologies
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience in tailoring messages to various stakeholders
- MS, Ph.D. in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Neuropsychology, Perceptual Psychology, or a UX related field
Hours & Location:
- M-F, 40 hours/week. This role will be remote while COVID restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be onsite at our Customer’s Redmond, WA. office once it is determined safe to do so.
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefit Program
- Accrued PTO: Up to 15 days per 12 months on assignment
- New Child Benefit: Up to $4,000 for the birth or adoption of a child while on assignment (conditions apply)