Are you a talented UX Researcher searching for an opportunity to grow with a company that is committed to making a positive difference in the world?
Would you like to play an important role in informing the design and development of our product - an award winning health app and website? Was that a big YES? Great, keep reading…
Why you should choose us
At Healthily we believe everyone should have the information they need to look after their health. Six years ago, we brought together doctors, data scientists and digital experts to create a new type of health platform - web and app. A platform where anyone in the world could find personalised, medically-approved guidance, tools and support to help them feel better and stay healthy.
Millions of app downloads later, we’re the first app approved as a class 1 medical device, on our way to our goal helping one billion people find their health.
Backed by philanthropists and major corporations, our team is now 100-strong, as we find new ways to bring informed self care to all, especially in the era of coronavirus.
What You Will Be Doing
This is a fast paced and impactful role where you will quickly see the results of your individual and team's efforts. You will be responsible for championing the voice of the user, focusing on understanding the people who will use our products, gleaning insights to drive product direction and strategy. Methods may range from generative to evaluative, ethnography to experimentation, and involves close collaboration between research and our cross-functional teams. Your day will include, and won’t be limited to
- Generating insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- Conducting user and business research activities to understand business requirements, unmet needs of users, user behaviour and advocating research-based product development
- Working closely with product teams and squads to identify important research questions
- Designing and executing studies that address both user behaviour and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
- Partnering with design, product management, data science, the medical team, content team, engineering, marketing, brand and other tech roles to conduct and share research
- Articulating findings and maintaining visibility across multiple teams of the research work you are undertaking
- Turning insights into opportunities to solve customer problems and drive business value
- Augmenting data with empirical thinking to influence the direction of product strategy
- Being out ‘in the field’ discovering what self-care means to different demographics and how we might build a successful product for them
- Analysing and integrating app analytics, surveys, market research, and other quantitative research data as relevant.
- Mid level experience gained in positions such as User Researcher / Design Researcher
- Experience in applied quantitative/qualitative product research
- Experience in secondary research such as competitor and market analysis
- Workshop facilitation
- Survey design and response effects
- Experience of working in an agile working environment.
- Work experience within a med/health-tech environment
- Experience working in a digital agency environment or consultancy background
- Experience working as part of an innovation team.
Skills & Abilities
- Able to quickly build strong working relationships across teams to support an inclusive working environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) - fluency in your area of expertise
- Strong attention to detail enabling decision-making based on research, data and facts
- Results-driven, ability to add value and drive successful business outcomes.
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Digital Innovation, Cognitive Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, or related fields
- An understanding of a range of user-centered service design practices.
- Responsible annual leave policy (no upper limit)
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Remote working and access to a central London company office
- Home office set up allowance
- A monthly wellbeing allowance
- L&D allowance
- Access to a 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Meal allowance for our monthly team ‘pizza meetings’.
How To Apply
To apply, please click apply and upload a CV and cover letter outlining how your career interests, skills and experience align with the role requirements.
Healthily by Your.MD is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status - and welcome all sections of our community to apply for our roles.