We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits, locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B Visa) for this opportunity.
State Farm Insurance is seeking a User Experience Researcher to join a team of existing User Experience (UX) professionals. In this role you will be responsible for designing and conducting user research for a wide range of software and non-software products. User research areas include customer usage of statefarm.com® and mobile apps, as well as business tools used by our sales force and employees for the purpose of selling and maintaining insurance and financial services products. In addition, you could be asked to evaluate and provide input into Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems, business processes, and hardware and software purchase decisions. You will collaborate with other UX practitioners, software developers, and business leaders across the organization. This position is currently working in a Hybrid model with some WFH included.
- Works under moderate direction on projects of moderate scope and impact
- Handles routine requests/projects and contributes to the resolution of more complex user experience/business/research issues and studies
- Communicates results to project teams and develops or provides input on communications to leadership
- Applies foundational knowledge of Human Factors/UCD/UX research concepts and techniques to a broad range of products and processes
- Prepares and manipulates data for use in user experience analyses
- Serves as an advocate for State Farm product customers and associates, particularly with respect to the user experience
- Conducts user-centered research (e.g., ethnography, concept testing, marketing research, user and task analysis, conceptual design, iterative usability testing, and assessment usability testing) to guide the design, selection, and refinement of products and processes throughout the product development lifecycle
- Communicates the benefits of customer and associate research to the Enterprise
- Establishes and maintains relationships with business areas to align strategic goals, strategy, and tactical plans
- Conducts novel research on customer and associate experience topics
- Bloomington, IL
- Dunwoody, GA
- Remote work may apply
- An advanced degree in User Experience Research, Human Factors, HCI, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, or a related field.
- Ideal candidates should have excellent research skills including the ability to analyze large and small sample quantitative and qualitative data sets.
- Experience supporting UX in a large corporate environment is a plus.