Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Position is Open to Remote Work
Summary Of This Role
As part of the Global Product Design Organization, the UX Researcher plays a key role in shaping the user experience by driving research to provide user insights that will inform product design and strategy. Researchers collaborate with designers and product stakeholders to understand business and research goals, conduct high quality research, and present findings. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs and behaviors to help create useful, usable, and engaging products and features.
Job Specific Duties And Responsibilities
- Understand and translate business requirements into research
- Create user research test plans and protocols
- Collect and analyze user needs and behaviors via primary and secondary research (i.e. user interviews, surveys, field visits, usability testing, remote testing)
- Share research findings and recommendations to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations
- Create personas, user journeys, and flows to better understand our end users and communicate that understanding to our product teams
- Work with designers and product managers to prioritize research findings in a fast-paced environment
- Keep abreast of industry and user experience trends, and best practices and promote research within the team
Job Specific Skills And Competencies
- Plan, design and conduct research sessions of all types.
- Create personas
- Partner with the team to find insights from research and communicate them to stakeholders.
- Take insights, make sense of what was learned and guide the team with a clear direction forward.
- Strong ability to empathize with customers
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product life cycle
- Knowledgeable and have a deep understanding of the user-centered design process
- Excellent visual, written, and oral communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- A strong eye for detail, initiative and committed to delivering high quality work independently or as part of a team
Typical Day in the Life of the Role
Work with Product Owners, Product Managers, technology partners, and 3 rd parties on the user experience research for strategic direction of digital products and services.
What Part Will You Play?
- Defines UX Strategy by providing a clear vision and business strategy alignment, to ensure all stakeholders understand the user and the experience they desire. The UX Strategy could include competitive landscape, user analytics, customer data, behavioral segmentation, personas, high level scenarios, interaction model, journey map, content strategy, ecosystem considerations, social, mobile, local/cultural considerations, product roadmap, and feature set prioritization.
- Determines appropriate research method needed which could include usability testing, highly complex audience and task analysis, development of personas, heuristic evaluation, cognitive walkthroughs, field observations, interviews, card sorting and focus groups. Oversees and performs the research and analysis of the results and creates actionable and detailed recommendations based on the user research to ensure users needs have been identified and communicated to project team.
- Defines the patterns, navigation, structure and hierarchy by creating user stories and scenarios, highly complex process flows, mind maps and affinity diagrams, journey mapping and ecosystem diagrams while identifying opportunities and challenges to ensure the users' needs are met when they interact with our product and services.
- Oversees and creates the design of the user experience through driving participatory design sessions, design evaluations, brainstorming sessions, creating low fidelity wireframes, high fidelity prototypes, simulations, story boards, visual design, developing user design patterns and style guides to communicate and gain feedback from the users and stakeholders. Sets the design in line with accessibility guidelines to ensure compliance.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, or related field or practical experience
- Typically Minimum 0-2+ Years Relevant Exp
- Experience with research design utilizing various methods, such as foundational research, user testing, contextual inquiries, journey maps, surveys, and other usability studies
- Experience with remote research tools (i.e. Optimal Workshop, UserZoomGo)
- Must have excellent time management skills: be able to handle multiple projects at one time and prioritize needs and projects
- Psychology, Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, Product Design, Graphic/Visual Design, Human Factors, Library Science, English, Information Technology or related field
- Typically Minimum 2-4 Years Relevant Exp
- Researching and designing user experience solutions independently within the Financial Industry
- UX and Design Thinking certifications - NNgroup or HFI
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Some barriers to entry exist at this level (e.g., dept./peer review).
- Job Complexity - Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
- Tools - Industry Research card sorting (Optimalsort) and survey tools; Usability Testing tools (Morae, Camtasia, WebEx Recording), Prototyping tools (Balsamiq, Axure, Omnigraffle), and other design tools (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Programming Languages - CSS3, HTML5, responsive design.
- Platforms - Knowledge of multiple browser, OS and computing platforms and associated design considerations, Web Accessibility compliance
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.