- Are you energized by talking to customers and love tackling challenging problems to deliver solutions?
- Are you interested in improving data visualization and coding workflows for scientists and engineers?
- Are you passionate about the user experience and want to join a dynamic UX team that is constantly solving new and challenging problems?
- Are you interested in being a core member of the development team that builds products that make the world a better place?
Come join our UX team of over 80 user experience professionals. We are dedicated to creating clear and effective designs for software products. Get involved in user centered design across platforms including software UIs including MATLAB Editor, Live Editor, Command Window, and programmatic interfaces. Learn more about the UX department.
As the MATLAB Data Visualization UX Researcher, you will collaborate with members of a cross-functional development team to improve data visualization and coding workflows for engineers and scientists who use the MATLAB programming language to analyze data, build algorithms and create publication-quality graphics. You will follow a user-centered design approach and work collaboratively to brainstorm and design innovative solutions to complex problems by:
- Make recommendations about which usability methods to use to answer questions about users and design directions based on projects' needs, goals and constraints.
- Act as an advocate for our technical users.
- Collaborate on low, medium and high fidelity prototypes.
- Conduct user research, identify user pains, and develop user profiles to impact strategy and product direction.
- Run usability tests and perform other usability assessments as appropriate.
- Help the teams interpret and understand user feedback, and provide recommendations for design decisions based on that feedback.
- Contribute to requirements and design documents.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- STEM Degree
- 3+ years of experience with user centered design in software design and development
- Knowledge of MATLAB or other programming languages (Python, C++, R, or JS)
- Knowledge of software development workflows including algorithm development, debugging, etc.
- Knowledge of or experience with interaction design and UI design
- Strong influencing or negotiation skills.
- Experience applying quantitative research techniques
- Experience programming in MATLAB or other languages (Python, C++, R, or JS)