As a mixed-methods UX researcher on Business Messaging, you’ll have the opportunity to partner directly with a single, tightly integrated pod with significant freedom to operate with the time, people, and space necessary for conceiving, building, and launching brand new products. Research is paramount to this organization’s success - formative research is needed to identify the right latent needs or problems in the world to tackle with product solutions, iterative design research is needed to mold early product ideas into testable prototypes, and creative evaluative research is needed to improve and prepare those products for the market.
- Collaborate closely with researchers, designers, PMs & engineers to identify, define and deliver meaningful products into the world
- Collaboratively and independently develop and execute research roadmaps
- Lead various research studies throughout all the phases of the product development cycle
- Contribute to product strategy, execution, and go-to-market plan
- If and when necessary, manage research vendors to help augment the work of the research team
- Strong, proven ability to independently scope and execute both primary qualitative and quantitative research, and translate insights into recommendations for non-researchers
- Ability to quickly learn how to use internal processes, tooling, and other resources required to execute DIY research (i.e., without relying on vendors)
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong, proven ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Extensive experience with data and utilizing numbers to define and support hypotheses
- Extensive experience with storytelling to get traction with various audience
- Extensive experience with autonomy and decision making to balance demands
- Strong mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- BA/BS in a human behavior related field, such as human-computer interaction, psychology, sociology, communication, information science, media studies, computer science, or economics
- 5+ years of research industry experience leading and executing end to end qualitative and quantitative UX or Market Research in a corporate setting.