About The Job
Cisco’s Workforce Experience Design team is on a mission to create the best work experience, leading with human-centered design, to create an engaged and productive environment for all Cisconians. We strive to enable every employee to be at their best every day, from removing the barriers to collaboration to discovering new connections and communities. We are a global leader in technology, networking, and innovation, and we believe that helping our customers and partners begins with helping ourselves!
As a UX Researcher, you’ll work with a remote, cross-functional team of designers to help uncover and understand user needs across a variety of problem areas. You’ll engage with product design and engineering teams to synthesize data and communicate insights. You’ll work across the research spectrum, from moderated exploratory interviews to surveys, always thinking of creative ways to get the data you need.
What You’ll Do
- Design, plan, conduct, synthesize and communicate user research projects to inform design including but not limited to usability studies, heuristic evaluations, interviews, surveys, user personas, journey maps, service blueprints and benchmarks
- Demonstrate skill and creativity for selecting the right mix of methods to provide actionable insights to research questions and business goals
- Design simple user research surveys (with tools like Qualtrics) and analyze your results using basic descriptive analyses (like percentages, sums, and averages)
- Communicate your findings in a clear, concise, and visual (as appropriate) manner to our key stakeholder project teams, and drive important action based on those findings
- Work closely with the UX and visual design teams to take your research into prototyping and visual mockups, and use these mockups to conduct usability studies and further iterations.
- Support and collaborate with senior researchers and UX designers at every step of the product design process.
Who You’ll Work With
- A remote, cross-functional team of designers – from research to visual design and branding
- Product managers, engineers, and additional stakeholders who will help design and learn from your research activities
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Design, HCI, a related field or equivalent industry or Military experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience conducting design research, preferably with some in-house or product team experience in enterprise environments
- Well-rounded understanding of user-centered design process, as well as solid knowledge of user experience principles and ability to advocate for the inclusion of user insights
- A portfolio of past design and research work experience, results, and entrepreneurial innovation
- Ability to quickly and effectively analyze research data and present rich findings simply and clearly to influence design and direction
- Proven experience with basic mixed-methods research that includes synthesizing qualitative and quantitative data, user insights & trend research, usability studies, field research, in-depth interviews, heuristic evaluations, value proposition assessment, concept testing, user journey maps, benchmarks, competitive reviews, statistical modeling, surveys
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!