Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have payed out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, and our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, we are looking for a UX Researcher.
What You Will Do
- Define and execute on the research roadmap within member product and creator product
- Design, conduct, and present research across key product areas within our creator and member product teams, using the appropriate methods such as surveys, concept testing, usability testing, and in-depth interviews.
- Work with designers, product managers, and engineers to inform product direction based on research findings.
- Partner with data science to pair qualitative context with quantitative insights.
- Present research results and recommendations across the company. Cultivate and improve a culture of research throughout Patreon.
Skills And Experience You Possess
- 3+ years of UX research experience, using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- The ability to work with a great degree of autonomy; comfort prioritizing across multiple teams
- Expertise in survey design and analysis
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills
Projects You May Work On
- Research to inform the usability and featureset of our member and creator mobile apps
- Research to understand what data creators need to have accessible to them in order to optimize their campaign and how they’d like Patreon to help them manage their paying members
- Research to understand creator and patron needs and painpoints to inform future strategic product direction
What You Will Have The Chance To Learn
- Learn how to build and grow a product in a rapidly scaling market
- Learn from an energetic team and research-minded cross-functional partners, all of whom are full of passion for our product and our mission
Who You'll Work With
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.