We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
What We're Looking For
You have a passion for user-centered design. You are proactive, have a strong attention to detail and enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
We are seeking a Product Design Researcher to help guide our enterprise admin and end-user experiences to the next level. This researcher will be focused on our Application Delivery and Security products and services.
Our ideal candidate advocates for users and leverages data to design our product experiences. We appreciate researchers who think deeply, problem solves, and have a good sense of humor, and love collaboration. This role requires skills both in traditional HCI practices, and data science statistical skill set required for collecting deep insights on our product portfolio experience.
This role is based out of our Citrix Product Design in Santa Clara office. This role will support multiple products at Citrix. You will have the opportunity to influence the design and direction of the products to meet customers’ needs.
- Proactively collaborates within the Product Design team members and other internal cross-functional teams. Work closely and effectively with other designers, managers, Product Management, and Engineering; and other organization teams (Pre-sales, Support, Success, IT), and know when to seek help from stakeholders and management.
- Recruits required participants for research study designs.
- Works with stakeholders determine proper methodologies, testing timelines, and outcomes to align to business impacts with key stakeholders and management. Recommends appropriate quantitative or qualitative tool/approach to gather necessary insights from clients or prospects. Seeks also to understand relevant product market, competitor, opportunities, and challenges and incorporates and shares new techniques based on industry trends.
- Provides input for testing wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, and assets for various platforms (e.g., web, mobile, and desktop), may create assets required for testing as needed.
- Share design/research iterations and project updates with management and team.
- Contributes to team processes and provides research for business and IT teams for web or mobile applications across multiple platforms, for mid- to large-scale scope projects.
- Advocates for users and the role of design and product development process Incorporate and share new techniques based on industry trends. Present research a clear, confident, and logical manner with clear rationale for research methodologies, insights, and decisions for any recommendations and how this may relate to business goals, product offerings, and industry best practices.
- Regularly assists on validation of various hypothesis and benchmarks designs and review builds by weighing feedback and impact throughout product experience.
- Minimum Bachelor of Arts in Human Factors, Human Cognition and Interaction, Data Science or Product Design preferred, additional bachelor’s degrees will be considered with relevant experience such as Anthropology, Psychology, and Cognitive Science, Statistical Methods, or Machine Learning
- 1-5 years of prior applied user research or relevant industry experience in product design with a strong foundation in HCI methodologies and research skills but is willing to learn and work to grow into a well-rounded UX researcher.
- Demonstrates a passion for researcher, our users, and collaboration with designers and cross-functional team members.
- Knowledge of deep technology stakes or complicated systems for enterprise solutions.
- Analytical mind and be able to process data from multiple sources to amplify findings such as product, market, usage, or other quantitative data.
- Has a solid portfolio showcasing work that exhibits attention to detail and articulates design recommendations. Portfolio must demonstrate 3-4 examples that demonstrates a range of skills that may include:
- (UX) and user interface (UI) design research for multiple products
- User-centered design methods and techniques (e.g., user research and testing, data analysis, customer journey maps, etc.)
- Research and design for for software applications for multiple platforms (e.g., web, mobile, desktop)
- Working and collaborating in Agile development environments or experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies/development
- Visualization of data insights and data dissemination for storytelling desired.
- Demonstrate knowledge of a cross section of tools and techniques relating to support of large-scale data analysis
- Has proficiency in leverage UX industry tools: wireframes, designs concepts, prototypes, and technical documentation using industry tools (e.g., Qualtrics, Validately, SPSS, InVision, Axure, Microsoft Office) as plus.
- Experience in Security Systems and Networking data research is a plus
- Security research experience is a plus.
To be considered for this position, you must submit ALL of these four requirements:
- Portfolio link or professional website
- Cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position
- 4-5 sample case studies demonstrating relevant experience and/or education.
- Please ensure samples are nuanced to show the breadth of your work.
What You’re Looking For
Our technology is built on the idea that everyone should be able to work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. It’s a simple philosophy that guides everything we do — including how we work. If you’re an engineer, we’ll give you plenty of ways to test your skills on cutting edge technology. We want employees to do what they do best, every day.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If this sounds like you then we’d love to talk.
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix Recruitment Policy Notice at https://www.citrix.com/about/legal/privacy/citrix-recruitment-privacy-notice.html
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at ASKHR@citrix.com for assistance.
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.