Estimated pay range
Actual pay may be different — this range is estimated based on User Experience Researcher in Redmond, Washington, United States at similar companies.
Base pay range
$80,300.00/yr - $129,000.00/yr
Mackin Talent is seeking a UX Researcher to support our client in Redmond. In this role, you'll be tackling the most exciting challenges of informing new interaction methods and technologies for XR. You must be willing to learn new methods and explore creative solutions to ambiguous problems. Your toolbox should consist of strong qualitative methods with good knowledge of quantitative methods.
- Work with research scientists to plan and execute mixed-methods research to collect and analyze data to understand hedonic quality and task allocation in future XR scenarios
- Work with research scientists, designers, engineers and PMs to identify research questions that can yield actionable insights for the team
- Conduct systematic literature reviews, plan and conduct qualitative research (e.g., interviews, diary studies), develop and deploy surveys, and run remote user studies (e.g., usability tests, data collection for metric validation)
- Share findings with the broader organization
- PhD in Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology or a related field
- 3+ years experience conducting applied research on consumer products involving mixed-methods research
- 3+ years experience using qualitative research platforms (e.g., dScout, UserZoom, lookback, Qualtrics)
- 3+ years experience analyzing quantitative data (e.g., R, Python or equivalent)
- Excellent skills in a wide variety of UX research methods (interviews, surveys, task analysis, diary studies, usability test, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience in tailoring messages to various stakeholders
- Comfortable working on ambiguous future-facing interaction research projects
- Experience in wearable device research
- Experience with metrics development and analysis (e.g., surveys, reliability and validity analysis)
- Experience with hedonic quality, task allocation, automation, and/or haptics
Mackin Talent offers an attractive benefits package which includes choice of major medical carriers like Aetna, Kaiser and BCBS, 15 days of PTO plus Holiday and Sick pay, paid volunteer hours, paternity/maternity leave and many more. We pride ourselves on our company values, the top one being that Relationships Matter. Come experience the Mackin Difference and our welcoming company culture with a focus on teamwork and family. Learn more about Mackin and apply online at MackinTalent.com.