Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog.
About The Role
The User Experience Research team is a dynamic group of mixed methods researchers. We advocate for a human-centered approach to product. We bridge the gap between our users, designers, product managers, and engineers to build empathy, inform strategy, and identify opportunities to improve the Twitch experience.
As a User Experience Researcher, you will be responsible for informing our research roadmap and priorities, leading research programs, and evangelizing best practices throughout Twitch. You will report to the UX Research Manager for our Central Research Team.
- Design and conduct mixed method studies from end to end: planning, executing , analyzing, and reporting .
- Manage projects and stakeholders
- Inform product design and strategy by translating data into insights that have clear and actionable implications for product development
- Collaborate with product teams and educate them on UX best practices throughout all stages of an agile product development process. Coach them on lightweight empathy building and research approaches when needed
- Conduct strategic, cross-company research projects and report findings to product and business leaders
- Communicate research findings to diverse audiences through writing and presentations; represent user research in key product discussions
- Identify high-impact projects, triage requests, and negotiate scope, timing, and deliverables.
- Your primary research projects will be helping inform our patronage product offerings that support creators on Twitch.
- Experience with a variety of industry-centered qualitative research methods, such as semi-structured interviews, contextual inquiries, ethnography, usability studies, diary studies, and unmoderated remote studies
- Experience with a handful of quantitative research methods, such as large-scale surveys, log analysis, regression analysis, behavioral clustering, multivariate testing, and basic statistics
- Advanced degree in Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, HCI, Human Factors, Ergonomics, or related fields.
- Experience creating screening criteria, recruit participants, build relationship, and moderate studies
- Experience applying these methods directly to an industry product development process
- Experience managing partner relationships and leading projects through the full research lifecycle from planning through execution to insight delivery
- Experience producing impactful, high-quality research that shapes product decisions
- You can teach us something new! We love to hire people who are way more knowledgeable than us in some areas (tools and methods) and can be good teachers and mentors
- You have first-hand experience conducting research across a variety of devices, including desktop computers, smartphones, gaming consoles and media players
- You have experience using eye tracking or physiological data collection tools (i.e., Heart rate, GSR, facial expression analysis)
- You have experience working on accessibility-focused research
- You already know a lot about online communities, online video, video games, or Twitch
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.