WHY YOU'LL LOVE SALESLOFT:
Put Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
These are the values that define who we are and have empowered our staggering growth to become the #1 leader in sales engagement software.
SalesLoft helps brands deliver value and create trust by connecting authentically and meaningfully with their customers. Thousands of customers depend on SalesLoft's category-leading sales engagement platform to engage in more relevant, authentic and sincere ways.
Since our founding in 2011, we have grown into a global, award-winning organization with Lofters based all over the world. As a testament to our organizational health, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Startup Employers in 2020, twice by Deloitte as a 'Fastest-Growing Technology Company in North America,' featured by The New York Times as a start-up on a path to a $1B valuation, and have been recognized as a top workplace by Forbes, Fortune, Glassdoor, Atlanta Journal Constitution, and IncMagazine.
We're redefining an age-old industry! This is challenging work – but our team of brilliant creatives makes the journey thrilling. We're fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative. We pursue excellence in everything and have a lot of fun along the way. Come join us!
Although we're proud of our history, we're just as excited about the future. We want to create a world-class culture and company that attracts, develops, engages and retains elite talent.
At SalesLoft, our User Experience Researchers are pivotal to our company's success. You will be a key member of our high-performing and collaborative Product Experience team of UX Researchers, Product Analysts, and Product Operations Analysts.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for leading research and analysis efforts that contribute to enjoyable and innovative experiences for our core platform users. Specifically, you will:
- Work with product managers, designers, and other UX researchers to prioritize, scope, and recommend the appropriate methodology for the problem at hand.
- Take initiative to work collaboratively throughout all departments on receiving and tracking customer feedback. Assess existing designs and data to generate hypotheses and an appropriate research strategy.
- Digest and incorporate complex business and technical needs into research.
- Lead usability efforts by writing test scripts and conducting in person and remote moderated and unmoderated studies.
- Ability to create low fidelity wireframes, process flows, user personas, journey maps, and easily consumable research documentation.
- Communicate research findings to various audiences through written reports, presentations, and more.
- Act as "go to" with in-depth knowledge of user interface and accessibility best practices and standards.
- Serve as a strategic consultant and subject matter expert to the organization regarding how UX research can be leveraged more holistically to solve challenges.
User Experience Research at SalesLoft is at the foreground of how we create and build the products that our sellers love. You'll partner with Product Management, Design, Operations, Analytics, and Data Science to obtain deep insights about our users' needs and behaviors. You'll storytell learnings and actionable recommendations across the company. You'll think out of the box about new areas, test concepts as they are being developed, and evaluate existing product surfaces. You will have an opportunity to make a difference.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
Do you get excited about deeply understanding customer needs? Do you have a knack for reducing the complex to the bare essentials? Do you have a passion for storytelling those insights into actionable recommendations that influence our product strategy? Do you seek to find that strategic intersection of user needs and business needs? Great. Come work at SalesLoft!
Our product experience team is comprised of seasoned and up-and-coming UX researchers, product analysts, and product operations analysts who work together towards SalesLoft's vision and mission:
- Vision: Every seller is loved by the buyers they serve (#saleslove)
- Mission: Equip companies to maximize revenue by creating a fantastic buying experience
The Product Experience team is also the epitome of our core values: Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
THE SKILL SET:
- A strong foundation in user-centered design methods and the ability to communicate and storytell research insights effectively to senior stakeholders and team members alike.
- At least 3+ years of relevant work experience, including applying integrating user research into digital product design and development.
- Experience with all aspects of usability research, including study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, and reporting.
- Experience with early-stage discovery research that influences product direction and strategy with actionable insights and recommendations.
- Ability to plan your work executing against deadlines. Find ways to maximize the efficiency in an agile process.
- Familiarity with advantages and drawbacks of various research methodologies such as surveys, focus groups, observational studies, generative research, card sorting, usability testing, etc.
- Previous startup experience is a huge plus.
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Attend SalesLoft's New Hire Orientation, where you will learn our SalesLoft story and understand what makes our "Lofters" unique
- Become an expert on the market, its key problems, and our core personas by observing and interviewing our customers.
- Begin 1:1's with your manager, meet & shadow current members of the Product Experience team, and delve into the day in the life of a UX Researcher at SalesLoft
- Meet key partners in Product Design, Product Management, and Engineering, etc. - they will be key relationships as you collaborate on future research initiatives
- Support the product development team on achievement of agile sprint goals, working closely with Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers to prepare research that align with the product vision.
- Identify quick win improvements in the current user experience of the app that improve the day to day lives of users.
- Learn and understand our development process for feature releases, inter-team communication, and agile processes. Offer solutions on continuing to integrate UX research into the development process.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Contribute to ongoing UX improvements that help the organization build beautiful experiences at a fast pace.
- Lead research kickoffs with stakeholders, rapidly understand a new problem space to then identify and scope a fitting research methodology
- Champion customer feedback and translate into major themes that reflect our customer's perception of the SalesLoft brand. Offer recommendations on continuous improvements that win our customers hearts.
- Have credible conversations with product managers, designers, and engineers about technical design tradeoffs including development frameworks, scalability and performance.
- Collaborate with product and engineering partners on product development during the discovery phase to assess value, usability and design of features.
- Active involvement in strategic (the "why"), not just tactical (the "how") realities of the research and recommendations you make.
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Champion strategic research from start to finish that helps inform our product roadmap
- Proactively assess current designs and interpret data to generate hypotheses and execute an appropriate research strategy
- Be an ambassador of UX best practices and be a go-to ally with product, engineering, and other departmental partners.
- Stays on top of industry trends to identify new or enhanced research methodologies that positively impact our ability to uncover deep customer insights.
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Contribute deep product knowledge and insight during product strategy discussions with product and engineering leadership.
- Identify, pilot, and implement process improvements that enhance the impact of the UX Research team as the voice of the customer.
- Mentor Junior UX Researchers and new team members
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK AT SALESLOFT:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CEO and smart teammates who actually care.
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach.
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization.
- You will hear "Yes, let's do that!" and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas.
- You will build community with Lofters of many cultures and backgrounds through ERGs and DEI initiatives.
- We have a vibrant, open office that utilizes modern technology.
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise.
SalesLoft is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.