Why Join AliveCor
As a trailblazing innovator in digital health, AliveCor is affecting measurable, positive change in people’s lives, while revolutionizing the industry. We were named by Fast Company as the #1 company in artificial intelligence in 2018.
Heart disease kills more people than anything else in the western world (including all cancers combined). Using our beautiful, FDA-cleared medical grade hardware and software, 1M+ users have taken over 100+ million EKGs and counting.
Our vibrant team of people are attracted to AliveCor because they want to build something meaningful -- and AliveCor delivers: every day, customers tell us that we’ve saved lives. Join us in our mission!
AliveCor is seeking an empathetic user researcher who is a big-picture thinker with a talent for distilling insights from users into a plan of action for the business. As a UX Researcher on the user experience team, you will be tasked with promoting understanding and empathy around user needs for the business. You will do so by conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users through methods like usability testing, surveys, field visits, ethnography, and data analysis. You will provide insights about our users, identify and research target audiences and markets, and use data analytics to draw insights from user behavior.
You will have the opportunity to devise and drive user research projects for enterprise and consumer service applications for both mobile and web experiences.
We’re a small company with a big vision-we’re looking for someone who:
- Is big-picture thinker with a bias to action
- Has grit and meets challenges head-on
- Thrives working with cross-functional teams on multiple projects
- Is excited about emerging technology
- Loves solving complex user problems with simple solutions built with intent and impact
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize research questions
- Distill research questions into thorough and efficient research plans
- Plan, conduct, and analyze research using a variety of methodologies such as remote and in-person usability testing, surveys, ethnographic / field research, competitive evaluations
- Collect feedback across a wide range of areas, including software products, hardware products, and general brand and public perception
- Recruit and schedule representative panels of participants
- Moderate unbiased, candid, and insightful interviews
- Synthesize large amounts of qualitative and quantitative data into clear learnings with compelling evidence and strong recommendations
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years working as a UX Researcher with experience collaborating with designers
- Experience working in healthcare, Cardiology vertical preferred
- Solid experience planning and conducting usability studies from start to finish
- Strong background in creating and analyzing qualitative and quantitative surveys
- Experience conducting research on products which implement conversational AI into the interface
- Experience conducting diary studies, ethnographic research, and longitudinal studies a plus
- Ability to quickly translate findings into solid recommendations and effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to the team
- Strong sense of empathy and understanding of our users, advocating for better experiences whenever possible
- Experience owning and executing on initiatives with minimal direction (independent, proactive, with a ‘can-do’ attitude)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong project planning and organizing skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fluid environment, handling a variety of assignments and technologies
This position can be based remotely. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States.
AliveCor is located in Mountain View, CA. We are close to Caltrain and supply car and bike parking for employees. We strive to make your life outside work as smooth as possible while you’re at work, and we offer a long list of benefits to make that happen.
- 401(k) Matching
- Flexible and generous vacation policy
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Generous Benefits - employee 100% covered for medical, dental and vision
- Mobile reimbursement
- Stocked kitchen + weekly catered lunches
- A supportive, collaborative group of people who understand that success depends on the team
AliveCor is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.