Seashell is reimagining the banking experience. By integrating the latest financial technology innovation, Seashell makes it easy to save, grow, and use your money.
Earning 0.05% APY (national average) from your bank on cash deposits is not sustainable in the modern world. We're living in a middle-class squeeze, where most Americans are living paycheck-to-paycheck due to stagnant wages, rising inflation rates, and near-zero savings account interest rates.
Seashell's technology harnesses blockchain innovations such as DeFi (decentralized finance) to offer market-leading and fully-licensed yields at the push of a button, putting idle money back to work in the form of passive income.
We recently closed a heavily oversubscribed seed round from notable, world-class investors.
Join a small team with extensive experience in payments and blockchain, hailing from companies including Google, Robinhood, Alipay, Klarna, Snap, and blockchain cybersecurity leader CertiK. We are actively hiring engineering, marketing, and design talent to accelerate technology development and build amazing products for the world.
About the position
We are growing quickly and looking for a UX Researcher to join our team. You'll design and execute research to understand user needs, synthesize findings and partner with our design team to create excellent and polished user experiences. This is an exciting opportunity to use your craft to drive impact and growth at a fast-growing startup.
What you'll do:
- Partner with product, design, and engineering to develop and deliver impactful research that informs decisions for key areas of the product.
- Identify the best UX research approaches to validate assumptions and direct the product based on research questions, user testing, and research readouts.
- Synthesize research findings into actionable insights and recommendations that will align cross-functional team members and allow the design team to act upon.
- Work with cross-functional team members and conduct UX research that will tell a holistic story of customers' needs, values, and experiences.
- 3+ years of experience conducting user research for software/web based products with demonstrated business impact on the products you've worked on.
- Strong communicator that plays an active role in critiques, review, and discussions and is an equally good listener to hear other points of views to build more robust concepts together.
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills with a proven ability to turn research results into product insights.
- Has partnered with cross-functional teams to shape and scope research plans that will meet the needs of the product team.
- Flexible approach to research where research methods are continuously pushed to provide value to product teams.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage and execute several small projects concurrently.
- Experience working in a technology startup.
- Domain knowledge in financial markets or blockchain technologies.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in art, design, architecture, human-computer interaction, computer science, or related subject.