Your role & mission:
As a UX Researcher, you will work in partnership with Product Managers, Designers, Data Scientists, and Customer Success Managers in a variety of projects that help understand the jobs to be done for our fashion apparel/footwear/home brand users, thereby helping to share our product roadmap and strategy.
In addition, you will contribute to the evolving strategy and methods that research employs to support its partners in understanding the needs and desires of our users and dictate best research practices and operations at MakerSights.
What you’ll do:
- As our 2nd UX research hire, you will help build the foundations and best practices that define what research looks like at MakerSights as we expand.
- Collaborate with Product, Design, Engineering, and leadership to identify and prioritize research topics with the greatest impact.
- Design, conduct, and present research across key product areas within product teams, using the appropriate methods such as surveys, concept testing, usability testing, and in-depth interviews.
- Manage participant recruitment across internal and external panels (set up screener questions, schedule sessions)
- Deeply understand MakerSights' users & experiences through consumption of relevant external and internal literature, market and competitive trends, and new, primary research.
- Synthesize research findings into actionable recommendations and deliver them in the form of compelling, high-quality deliverables for team and executive-level audiences.
- Work with designers, product managers, and engineers to inform product direction based on research findings
- Democratize access to research for stakeholders by building research programs, platforms, and toolkits that empower them to conduct tactical research.
- Actively contribute to UX Research processes, documentation, and repositories.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Sociology, Communications, or a related field. Bonus for candidates with a Graduate Degree background.
- Experience conducting a wide breadth of qualitative user research methodologies.
- Understanding of quantitative methods, behavioral analysis, statistical concepts, and best sampling practices and biases.
- 2+ years experience conducting research within product organizations
- Experience working in fashion apparel/home/outdoor industries
- Experience with SaaS enterprise applications is a plus