Amazon Alexa AI is pushing the boundaries of ML/AI to bring ambient cognitive speech to your home. To continue in our pursuit, we are looking for a passionate, innovative, and highly motivated UX Researcher to help to innovate and help Alexa solve hard AI/ML problems.
About The Role
As a member of the Alexa SAIF product team you will partner with stakeholders across Alexa to design and conduct UX research studies that bring forward new insights and drive product innovation. You will advocate for our customers and evangelize your findings to senior executives, stakeholders, and team members. You will help the team scale our research influence by empowering the broader UX and product teams through guidance and tools for self-service research. You will leverage existing research (data mining) and understand that not all problems are new (or require new research). You will dive deep into previous research across teams, when needed.
Ultimately, your most important mission is to ensure that we’re doing what’s right for our customers.
- You’re passionate about applying human-centered design thinking and advocating for strategic and foundational research to identify big picture problems.
- You’re skilled in both qualitative and quantitative methods, and have end-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting).
- You’re a detail-obsessed and highly organized person when it comes to designing user research studies and do not lose sight of the big picture when synthesizing meaningful insights that drive innovative design.
- You are a great storyteller; able to confidently and creatively communicate research insights in ways that influence product and design decisions at multiple levels of leadership.
- You love sharing your knowledge and are comfortable collaboratively leading product and design teams in how to do basic research, so we come to product and design decisions together as a team.
- You’re a born collaborator, eager to work side-by-side with high performing multidisciplinary designers, product managers, researchers, ops coordinators, and engineers.
- You can work with minimal direction and capable of working quickly while delivering high-quality outputs. You will work on overlapping projects, so are good at multi-tasking, juggling competing priorities, and organizing yourself.
Key job responsibilities
- Work alongside product and design to identify and prioritize research questions based on analysis of current knowledge, project goals, and risks.
- Develop and implement user-centered research throughout the design and development phase (from discovery to delivery) using a variety of methodologies including: ethnography, contextual inquiry, diary studies, concept testing, benchmarking, competitive analysis, usability, persona/profile creation, and other appropriate qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
- Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create insightful and actionable findings presentations- both verbal and written - and a willingness to advocate and escalate research insights.
- Deliver high quality user research solutions in an environment with frequently shifting priorities and new market opportunities.
- Continually monitor research, data, and trends from secondary research sources (both internal and external) such as academic research and industry reports to inform and improve our research methods and methodology.
- Leverage remote research tools such as Usertesting.com and Dscout.
- Be comfortable conducting research remotely (during COVID and in the future) as well as in a range of consumer environments (home, office, etc.) and lab settings.
- Be a strong and vocal advocate for the user.
About The Team
You’ll join a fun, growing team of designers and product managers who help each other develop and thrive. You will have a mentor and a manager that cares about you, your career, and your skills development. We are intentional about creating a warm and supportive vibe on the team. We gather often to collaborate, ask questions, and grow together, so bring your unique skills and experience and be prepared to share and learn and grow with us.
- 3+ years of hands-on user research experience
- BS in Human Centered Design & Engineering (HCDE), Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or a related field.
- A strong research portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (eg: study plans, reports).
- Master's degree or PhD in Human Factors, HCDE, or Cognitive Psychology, or a related field.
- Strong grasp of quantitative data analysis and statistics.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company - Amazon Data Services, Inc.
Job ID: A1881191