For more than 20 years Global Relay has set the standard and trends in compliant communications with our multi-award winning unified communications, data capture, and data analysis platform. We securely capture and manage the world’s communications data and give its owners greater control and visibility to drive value and ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of a large variety of industries and authorities.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other typical things you expect, but we are not your typical company. Global Relay is a career-making company. It is a place for big ideas, new challenges, and cutting-edge innovation. It is a place where you can make an impact.
Global Relay's enterprise applications have a substantial footprint in the messaging & archiving space for compliance. This role provides an excellent opportunity to help solve tough problems and create great experiences that have a significant impact on our customers.
We are looking for a UX Researcher who champions our users in all phases of the product management cycle. From context and problem framing all the way through to the delivery of meaningful solutions. Conduct research to understand our customers’ problems, work with the business to understand their needs, collaborate with designers and developers to design the final products.
- Build relationships and partner with key stakeholders, product managers, designers and developers to evaluate product goals and strategies to identify opportunities and conduct research to generate deeper insights
- Conduct research to understand our customers’ problems, collaborate with product owners, designers and developers to integrate research findings and usability into the final product
- User research: conduct field studies, surveys, interviews, ethnographic studies, demographic analysis to combine with product research, and various mixed methods
- Comparative and competitive research: analyze and stay on top of competitive products, industry and market trends
- Usability testing: create test plans with the product and design teams and facilitate usability sessions in person and/or remote using various tools to validate designs with customers and provide actionable recommendations
- Run discovery workshops with business and product teams to bring them along and help identify customer-driven needs
- Communicate research results and provide recommendations using data and metrics through written reports and group presentations to stakeholders and the design team
- 3+ years of demonstrated end-to-end experience in most aspects of the research process from planning, recruiting, executing, analyzing and collaborating with designers to integrate the results
- A portfolio or case study showing your UX research process and the various methodologies used to obtain results that helped create delightful experiences
- Degree in HCI, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Social Science, Statistics or other human behaviour-related degree preferred or equivalent demonstrated work experience
- Competent in both qualitative and quantitative, but flexible approach to determine and execute the appropriate research method to generate actionable, data-driven insights that will inform design decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and compelling presentation skills that allow you to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Technical background or strong familiarity with software engineering in an agile environment is highly desirable, especially enterprise/SaaS
- Experience working with Finance related businesses is a plus
At Global Relay there is no ceiling. This is the land of opportunity for the energetic, intelligent, and driven people that make this company great. The combination of the right people in the right positions and a rapidly growing company means unlimited career potential.
You will receive the mentoring, coaching, and support that you need to reach your personal and career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that promotes and rewards hard work and creativity and will grow into the new opportunities that are available to you.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.