At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is seeking a UX Researcher who is passionate about understanding players, evaluating the gaming experience, and will work closely with the rest of the development team to create action on insights. The successful candidate will join a nascent and growing UX Research team and help execute research activities on Rockstar’s games and core products. This is a full-time role, based out of our unique studio in Edinburgh.
What We Do
- The Rockstar Games UX Research Team plan, execute, and drive research activities for game projects across the company.
- We ensure every piece of research yields high quality, actionable data.
- We contribute to the ongoing refinement of the UX Research Department’s activities, including methodological improvements and processes.
- We advocate for players’ values and needs to foster a culture of empathy.
- Plan and execute research activities for Rockstar’s games and core products such as Social Club and websites.
- Identify product needs and transform them into research goals.
- Apply a mixed-method approach, harnessing a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods (including interviews, surveys, heuristics, telemetry, descriptive, and inferential statistics) and adapt methodologies based on logistical and product context.
- Understand and provide feedback on game builds and prototypes to incorporate them in research activities.
- Generate actionable insights that support product-refining iteration and strategic direction for the growth of the product.
- Deliver recommendations that acknowledge how the player experience is improved and what the design implications are.
- Effectively communicate research insights (verbally and in writing) to a variety of stakeholders with different backgrounds.
- Support creation of research strategies at a product level.
- Develop close working relationships with members of Product, Design, Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, and QA Teams.
- Masters or PhD in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in UX Research Design is ideal, however we understand everyone’s journey into UX Research can differ.
- Experience collaborating with a variety of product development stakeholders.
- Broad knowledge of video game genres.
- Excellent planning, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment with the need to manage constant change, and the ability to work through organizational complexity and ambiguity.
- Ability to think strategically and work cross-functionally across local teams to collaborate and create impact on a global scale.
- Ability to present to senior stakeholders and facilitate broader design discussions within the team.
- An empathetic style: an ability to build trusted relationships and achieve consensus and buy-in at all levels of an organization.
- Detail-oriented and highly efficient.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Advanced statistics.
- Fluency in a second language advantageous.
How To Apply
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.