At Adverity we create complex data-driven web applications for marketing professionals. As our team at Adverity is rapidly growing, we have an opportunity for an ambitious mid-level UX Researcher who will help us proactively re-invent the user experience of our products.
You will be given lots of independence and ownership to try new initiatives and carry out, in collaboration with our UX, Product, & Engineering departments, the research you see fit. You will help lay down the foundations of a strong and influential UX Research practice in a rapidly-paced, always evolving company and thus help departments learn how we can bring our product to the next level. You will see the direct impact of your work in the constant evolution of the product area you will be assigned to.
This role can be filled in the UK, Austria, Poland, Bulgaria or remotely within CET.
What you'll do:
- After a few months of undertaking research across the entire product, you will be dedicated to one of the main product areas: the data-integration module, the data-visualization module, or the augmented-analytics module, with perspective to switch areas after a longer period.
- Assist with laying down the foundations of a strong and rapid UX research practice in a scaling business
- Setup the appropriate research operations to enable faster and more frequent research (e.g. a participant panel), with a focus on also introducing immersive research methods into our toolkit
- Initiate, coordinate and carry out appropriate end-to-end, mixed-methods research projects, both evaluative and generative, with a high degree of initiative and independence
- Be proactive in proposing realistic solutions to user problems and recommendations for improving our platform based on your research findings and tech limitations, as well as in offering feedback on designs
- Document your research findings in the UX Repository
- Constantly challenge the status quo and advocate for a simpler interface and a better user experience
- Run workshops to extract knowledge from other teams (customer service, product management, sales, etc.), to share your own research findings, and to help brainstorm solutions
- Propose new creative ways of increasing exposure to user research within the company
- Contribute to the creative atmosphere in the UX team :)
What you’ll need:
- An educational background in either psychology, neuroscience, behavioural science, sociology, human-computer interaction, anthropology, or another behavioural field that’s relevant to the job
- 3+ years of industry experience in UX Research on digital products
- Comfortable learning a technical multi-faceted platform and how data-visualisation is done while researching complex user journeys
- Experience with various fruitful qualitative methods, both generative and evaluative
- A down-to-earth, just-enough-research approach, that easily adapts to constant changes in the product department
- Confidence to support the research findings you identify in light of resistance and demonstrate the value of your own research
- Some experience with setting up new research methods, improving research practices, or with scaling up a research function
- Strong initiative to make research happen, with focus on speed and delivering value over perfection
- A love for collaboration and for reaching out to different departments to evangelize your research, thus building the PR of the team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. We use English as our main language.
- Ideally, some work experience in B2B SaaS
- Some understanding of what Performance Marketing entails and what marketing analytics is
What we offer:
- Be part of a fast-growing and international company
- Enjoy a fun, innovative and dynamic work environment
- Flexible working time and home-office
- Flat hierarchies and fast decision making
- Opportunity to grow with us and to unlock your potential
- International, diverse and lovely team
- Regular team activities
- Working alongside experienced and successful entrepreneurs
Ideally you’ll have a concise research portfolio that you can attach to your application. If you don’t have one yet, no problem! You are still welcome to apply now and send your portfolio to us later. Your portfolio should contain your most noteworthy previous research projects showcasing the project’s goal, the research process, and the outcomes.
Are you ready to apply?
If this position is filled in Vienna, the minimum salary denoted for legal reasons and according to the collective agreement (IT-KV) is €44.660 per year. For London or other locations this will differ.
In any case, we offer competitive salaries depending on your qualifications and experience.