Optimalprint is an e-commerce leader in personalised photo and design products for consumers across 23 markets in Europe, North America, Australia and New Zealand. The brand is growing rapidly by delivering high-quality products quickly, affordably, and sustainably because they are produced locally.
Optimalprint has the highest customer satisfaction scores in all its markets (measured independently) and is the highest-rated photo printing app in the App Store and Google Play store. We are working hard to innovate and continue to bring new products and the best user experience to the market. For our customers, Optimalprint represents a more thoughtful and more sustainable way of bringing their memories into their daily lives or shopping for designs to wear or decorate their homes.
Optimalprint is part of Gelato. Our culture is best described as team-oriented, with highly energised and open-minded people from the best companies and schools in the world. Almost everyone in the team has a different nationality and comes from different parts of the world. We are highly motivated and led by experienced executives and entrepreneurs.
At Optimalprint, you will:
- Own the customer journey experience and use qualitative and quantitative data to surface areas for improvement. This includes but is not limited to landing pages, product pages, email communication, design editors, product previews, checkout experience, loyalty programs, help centre and operation admin tools.
- Uncover insights and drive recommendations that shape the experience of new exciting products. We have launched Apparel and Drinkware, expanded our Wall Art and ventured into interior design with Wallpaper in the last two years. We have more engaging products to grow each year, requiring user research and thoughtful design to ensure the best experience.
- Work on developing valuable, sticky services and features that encourage customer loyalty and repeat purchases
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Work with your product team to set and execute a vision and strategy for Optimalprint
- Supporting and reviewing the work of other UX researchers in your team
- Work closely with cross-functional partners (product management, data science, analytics, business, design, engineering, etc.) to identify and prioritise knowledge gaps in our understanding of our product ecosystems
- Generate insights that both power ideation and inspire intuitive and inclusive design.
- Lead and define Gelato’s UX Research frameworks, documentation, and repositories.
- Democratise research practice by involving your team and stakeholders in research activities and teaching them to interpret UX data
- Support the Head of UX by identifying resource, tooling and skill gaps in your product area
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods, such as surveys
- Divide your time across in-depth research, strategic analysis, problem validation, and solution validation.
- Help your team validate or dismiss the assumptions they’ve had to make so far
- Show your team how a lean and iterative research approach helps them experiment quickly
- Promote and educate others about UX and user-focused processes. Maintain a high standard for the quality & impact of research.
Who you are:
- 5+ years experience in applied product research
- Ability to create a research plan, including logical formulation of a research hypothesis.
- Basic understanding of quantitative, behavioural analysis and statistical concepts
- Experience running studies in a formal lab, an informal lab and remote.
- Experience with a range of qualitative methods including but not limited to interviews, contextual inquiry, concept testing, and diary studies
- Ability to communicate research results to cross-functional stakeholders with data storytelling, presentation slides, and storytelling
- A vocal advocate for the customer through all stages of research, design and development activities
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Can share a portfolio with case studies that demonstrate process, methodology, insights and application.
- Are empathetic with your team as well as customers, especially when you’re communicating research findings or questioning ways of working
- Practice self-awareness, know your strengths and always be prepared to learn from others.
- Care about accessibility and designing for everyone
- A plus if you have experience in print production
Gelato’s UX Organisation:
The UX Design team at Gelato drives our business forward with energy and pace. We solve problems, wielding data and intuition in equal measure, and finding innovative approaches to many of the complex challenges we encounter as we continue to scale our business. We encourage thinking entrepreneurially about how to make progress: we operate in an ecosystem of solutions and services, and many problems we face have already been solved in some form by others.
By joining Gelato, you become a valued member of the UX team. We are a bunch of individuals with different backgrounds and hobbies that are passionate about design. We are made up of researchers, interaction and visual designers, sharing a common goal to build and grow our UX practice across the organisation. Our vision is to have all product teams adopt user-centred design principles in each project, where decisions are made with data, thoughtfully considering our end-users.
We meet to learn from each other almost weekly and develop frameworks that promote high-quality design decisions. We have ongoing initiatives to improve our research and design process, establish a design system and socialise our research repository. We value the experience and expertise of our team members. Everyone is encouraged to share ideas and shape the future of our practice.