Vancouver, Washington, United States of America
San Diego, CA, United States
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Research and designs user experience solutions for products and service lines based on established design principles and in accordance with design strategy, practices, and guidelines.
- Plans, validates, and implements research methods to test and gather user experience data; analyzes, evaluates, describes, and reports results and recommendations to design stakeholders.
- Develops and implements user experience design plans, changes, specifications, and reusable design elements for new and existing products.
- Collaborates with management, internal, and outsourced design and development partners to coordinate design activities, evaluate concepts and offerings, and recommend and implement changes to products or services to improve user experience.
- Leads a team of other designers and internal and outsourced design and development partners to develop holistic, high- quality user experience solutions for moderate to complex projects, products, and services.
- Represents the user experience design team for all phases of larger and more-complex development and design projects and programs.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Design, Human Factors Engineering, Social Sciences research, or equivalent.
- Typically 4-6 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with application of design theories, principles, and concepts to information technology and consumer product and service design.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding and experience in designing and implementing research and data collection plans for user experience testing and acceptance.
- Evaluating designs and making recommendations for improvements to designs and technology to improve product quality and overall user experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate user experience data, design proposals and product specifications and negotiate options at management levels.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you. So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are. From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!