We’re looking for a User Researcher who can help us understand our customers, their needs, and how we can better shape our products to meet them.
At YuLife our mission is to inspire people to live longer, happier and healthier lives. We’re transforming products once focused on death and illness into ones that inspire life and reward living - turning old-fashioned employee perks into life-enhancing benefits. Our YuLife app uses behavioral science and gamification to drive employee wellbeing through meaningful, engaging and rewarding experiences.
We live our values, and have created something pretty unique – a workplace where you are celebrated for everything that you are.
We are a company with a strong purpose and drive – one of our mottos is ‘build the world you want to live in’. So if you're passionate about positive disruption and giving more than you take, then we want to hear from you.
The journey so far:
What's happened over the last few years:
The 2022 mission is to reach 1 million lives!
As a User Researcher, you will be a key figure helping us develop a deep understanding of our users and wider audiences.
You’ll be defining and conducting investigations into customer experiences for our current and prospective products. Working closely with design, product, and the wider business, communicating findings and helping shape products delivered across multiple platforms. This includes our international expansion, and navigating the challenges of localised audiences; from the UK, to USA, SA and beyond.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and running qualitative studies; including diary studies, field observations, user interviews, remote and in-person usability studies for existing and future products.
- Identifying actionable insights through quantitative methods such as large scale surveys, and using basic statistical concepts to ensure findings are robust.
- Exposing the root causes of wider customer experience issues. Helping to develop high level storyboards and journey mapping that communicate the goals, motives, and means by which groups of customers use, or will use, a given product.
- Collaborating closely with our data scientists to build, maintain and communicate our user and prospect personas; helping marry up qualitative insights with our robust quantitative analytics.
- Working closely with Product Managers, Product Designers, Engineers and other User Researchers to generate hypotheses and plans for high-impact research; helping to bring the user to the heart of our design process.
- Identifying and analysing competitor solutions and processes, deconstructing what factors make winners within our marketplace and beyond.
- Acting as a champion of your field and UX research practice, principles and processes. Helping to empower other roles in the business to get involved in research.
We want to work with enthusiastic, empathetic and hard-working people who are ready to go on this wild and rewarding journey with us. Somebody practical and proactive, who actively seeks feedback and wants to grow and give back.
You’ll be working with multiple squads across the business, helping to bring to life next-level, gamified products that will transform the way insurance is seen; helping people on a path to physical, mental, and financial wellbeing.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of research techniques, including usability testing, focus groups, diary studies, ethnographic observation, survey design and co-creation workshops
- The ability to deliver relevant and effective insight under varying project constraints
- A background in human-computer interaction, psychology, sociology, or a related field
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills across all levels with an ability to champion design thinking and influence key stakeholders
We’d love it if you also:
- Have an interest in video game design or just love gaming (in an insurance company? - you better believe it!)
- Competitive base salary
- Potential to earn share options
- 401(k) options with 5% employer match
- 24 days PTO + 1 ‘personal’ day (e.g your birthday, moving house etc.)
- Paid company holidays
- Parental Leave policy
Medical/Disability/Life & Voluntary Benefits
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life coverage
- Short and long term disability coverage
- Access to voluntary benefits for increased protection
- YuLife app & rewards
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Monthly wellbeing stipend to “Be your Best Yu”
- Unlimited professional coaching sessions with More Happi
- A shiny MacBook Pro or whatever you need to do your best work
- Contributions to working from home office equipment
- Flexible and remote working arrangements
- HIIT and Yoga sessions
- Access to Learnerbly with a dedicated budget towards L&D through webinars, books, podcasts, journals and much more
YuLife company culture:
Read what one of our key investors has to say about our culture ›We're more than just life insurance!
At YuLife we turn financial products into a force for good and help companies empower their employees to be healthier and happier in mind and body.