The Product Design Team is obsessed with creating the best experience for Loop brands and their customers - designing both product experiences and what we bring to market. We’re adding a UX Researcher to our team who’ll be responsible for defining & conducting tactical and strategic research to understand the needs, expectations, and behaviors of Loop’s various customer segments.
Loop HQ is a state-of-the-art office located in Columbus, Ohio, and more than half of our team works remotely across the United States and Canada. You can choose to join us in the Columbus office or stay fully remote in this role.
What You'll Do:
- Right away, we’ve listed what we think you’ll be spending your time on. We’re growing fast, and growth means the challenges we’ll work on together will change as we lead Loop through new and different phases. This is an indispensable role with us, so we’ll be looking for you to have examples of when you’ve tackled these challenges throughout your career.
- Your role can be thought of as 30% focused on the current quarter, and 70% focused on the future of Loop.
- Lead, plan, coordinate, and carry out strategic research initiatives using various methodologies or any mixed approach, that you consider best-fit based on the teams’ needs.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, engineers, analysts, and other partners - proactively identifying generative user research projects and contributing to product roadmaps, vision, and strategy.
- Manage multiple projects, including logistics of scoping and recruiting.
- Advocate for Loop users, giving them a seat at the table throughout the product development process, shedding light on their needs and barriers.
- Generate business and user insights, to help product teams answer the most challenging questions they face throughout the product development process.
- Communicate insights and complex ideas in clear succinct reports, summarizing findings in formats that get buy-in, are easy to understand, and influence next steps.
- Contribute to documentation standards to help evolve the research discipline, ensuring current and future employees can benefit from the data.
- Form a working understanding of the end-to-end Loop product, and ability to see the bigger picture. Introduce frameworks to consider the motivations and context of Loop users.
- Act as THE voice for our customers. You’ll become one of the most knowledgeable people about ecommerce, our merchants, their shoppers, and beyond.
- We’ve laid out the experience we think is important to set you up for success in this role. But, we appreciate that different humans will solve problems in different ways, so we don’t expect you to fit exactly in a box of requirements. Please apply even if you don’t feel you meet everything listed.
- 3-5 years of experience working in the field of User Research
- A deep understanding of strengths and weaknesses of different methods, including when and how to apply them.
- Communication is your jam - you should impress others with your style, thoroughness and frequency of communication through documentation, email, call, video, you name it!
- Even the smallest of details don’t pass by you, and organization and project management are some of your superpowers
- Comfortable communicating with customers directly - interviewing and listening intently - to distill actionable insights
We'd also love to hear from you if...
- You’ve driven user research in a startup and/or hyper growth SaaS environment
- You have experience working with Shopify, eCommerce, and/or post-purchase ecosystem
- You’ve pursued or are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Statistics, Computer Science or a related field
- You have experience mashing up your findings with data from other sources such as Adobe Analytics or Quantum Metric to paint the full picture
In a perfect world, Loop wouldn't exist. If we had our way, we'd live in a world where we're mindful about how we consume, we love every product we own, and we share values with the brands who create them. In reality, commerce isn't perfect and often breaks. Loop creates second chances.
We're starting by revolutionizing the post-purchase experience. We've taken one of the most fragile commerce interactions - returns - and turned it into something consumers actually love, and that deepens our connection to brands and products.
We take connection seriously on the inside, too. We're building a work experience that allows you to Be A Human First and prioritizes empathy and wellbeing. We view Loop as a special place in your career to shape the future of an industry and become a better person while doing it. You can grow faster here in a shorter amount of time - we'll give you space and trust you to fill it.
Learn more about us here: https://loopreturns.com/careers.You can review our privacy notice here.