HP is a culture of innovation. We are seeking a UX researcher with a drive towards understanding people needs, inspiring innovation and driving user-centric decision making. Join the best and brightest in the industry. Become part of a unique design organization and help to shape HP’s future and revolutionize an industry.
As a UX researcher, you will work closely with the Design and Marketing teams to reveal user needs, validate new concepts and to improve the experience of existing solutions. You will be in charge to set up and lead global primary research projects exploring consumer behavior and motivation for multiple design targets with a focus on subscription services.
The ideal candidate is an individual who is an excellent communicator and a flexible team player. They enjoy being part of a multidisciplinary, fast-paced, and dynamic work environment, and actively strive to work with the partners to create a superior user experience. Having had experience with conversions and subscription services is ideal, but not a must.
- Defines the research objectives and formulates research proposals to inform specific design decisions.
- Conducts studies by applying methods such as usability testing, field research, surveys, diary studies, and any other methods that can inform product design decisions and improve the user experience.
- Tests and gathers user experience data in accordance with established research plans and specifications; analyzes, describes, and reports results to design stakeholders.
- Analyzes and connects the dots between qualitative and quantitative data to generate strategic insights and actionable recommendations that drive product design improvements and innovation strategy.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners driving alignment and ensuring quality of process and deliverables.
- Participates as one more member of a project team of user experience designers and internal and outsourced design and development partners to develop holistic, high-quality user experience solutions for complex projects, products, and services.
- Contributes to design expertise by actively participating in various product discussion sessions with the product designers, engineers, developers, and other subject matter experts.
- Participates in the development of a customer centric culture by sharing insights coming from research projects and evangelizing the best research methods.
- Participates as a member of a working group of research professionals across the larger organization to develop best practices and to provide insights to our smaller design team from research being executed by other groups.
- Mentors junior researchers.
Education And Experience Required
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Design, Human Factors Engineering, Social Sciences research, or equivalent.
- Typically 6 - 10 years experience.
Knowledge And Skills
- Experience with and understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods including usability studies, in-context interviews, and ethnographic observation.
- Understanding and experience in implementing and creating research and data collection plans for user experience testing and acceptance.
- Deep understanding of behavioral analysis and statistical concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate UX data, research insights, design recommendations and ability to negotiate and drive decision making.
- Ideally, has experience with subscription services, account creation, and conversions, but this is not a must.
Where legally permitted, an offer of employment is conditional upon you providing proof that you are fully vaccinated againstCOVID-19 (as defined by the CDC) as of your first day of employment.
HP is an equal opportunity employer: https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c08129225
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!