Flexcar is searching for a passionate user researcher to help build a democratized research approach for a growing team! You’ll work directly with product managers, designers, and leadership to help define research questions, map research approaches/plans, and analyze results after execution. You’ll also conduct generative and evaluative research, manage CX and other feedback platforms, and help communicate insights across the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Plan research: Consult with product managers and UX designers to identify research opportunities and recommend appropriate research methods.
- Conduct moderated research: Assist in planning, recruiting, and conducting in-depth interviews, usability studies, and concept tests.
- Recommend unmoderated research when appropriate: Help teams know whether their questions can be answered faster and without moderation through methods like surveys, card sorts, or unmoderated usability tests.
- Document insights: Collaborate or lead communication of research takeaways with appropriate team members
- Elevate research operations: Keep track of research participants, consent forms, compensation, and other operational duties across multiple studies.
- Participate in design critiques: Provide constructive criticism without ego from a Research perspective during critiques with designers on the UX team.
- Advocate for the member experience: Identify user issues and challenges, question the status quo, and make recommendations that solve user needs.
What drives success for this role:
- 2+ years of research experience: You’re confident about your ability to run studies independently from end-to-end for some research methodologies, and with a small amount of guidance or support for many other methods.
- Curiosity and motivation to learn: You’re curious, creative, and gracefully accept feedback and critiques and seek out any new information that will help prepare you for your next challenge.
- Passion for the craft: You love research, and you geek out about its potential. You’re excited by the opportunity to coach non-researchers in research methods, analysis, or operations.
- Great communicator: You’re excellent at sharing and communicating insights to diverse audiences through writing and presentations.
- Strong time management: You get stuff done and can work without guidance when needed. You can handle leading a project while assisting on multiple other projects at once.
- Research portfolio: You have a portfolio featuring examples of excellent research work that has had impact on product or service design.
- Bonus points if you’re passionate about transportation
What Tops Off The Tank
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance and other voluntary benefits through our parent company, Avis Budget Group
- Generous paid time off, including holidays, vacation, personal, sick, volunteer and Parental Leave options
- Tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- Bicycle Reimbursement program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Free Zipcar Membership and other employee discounts, including discounts on renting and buying Avis/Budget cars
- Community involvement opportunities
Who are we?
Flexcar empowers all walks of life the flexibility to have a car of their own without the hassles of traditional car ownership. Convenient and affordable, Flexcar is here to disrupt a 90 Billion dollar industry by providing customers an alternative to car-sharing, leases, ownership, and car rentals.
Flexcar is rapidly growing and we want you to be a Flexster. Our special team is passionate, kind, collaborative, driven, and all-in on building the next automotive game-changer from the ground-up. This truly is an amazing opportunity to not only contribute your talents as a team-member, but also to help build the future Flexcar.
The extra mile:
We encourage Flexsters to bring their whole selves to work - unique perspectives, personal experiences, backgrounds, and however they identify. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer – M/F/D/V.