As a User Experience Researcher (UXR), you will engage with a team of UXers, product managers, and engineers to determine what users require. You will play a critical part in creating technologies that are valuable, useful, and enjoyable. You will have an impact at all phases of product development by forming cross-functional and cross-level partnerships.
The UXR as a whole will be responsible for conducting and leading early foundational research in order to acquire knowledge about the project and assist stakeholders with project scope, product requirements, and user needs. The UXR will be involved in all aspects of the product feature life cycle, including post-shipment tracking. The UXR candidate we’re looking for must be able to identify major user pain points as well as assist in establishing the emphasis and direction of a project. Finally, the UXR, in collaboration with the UX Design team, will lead validation sessions with our users to check design and product decisions.
- Work with key stakeholders, business and SMEs to clarify expectations, communicate your vision and influence / drive product requirements to design towards, in addition to being able to evaluate those designs
- Work with business partners to identify participants for user studies
- Lead foundational research activities and deliver associated artifacts (e.g., customer journey maps, design sprint workshop facilitation)
- Conduct in-depth research on a wide range of business software products and experiences.
- To gather and analyze user behavior, must understand different methods such as but not limited to: laboratory research, fieldwork, anthropological studies, surveying, benchmark studies, server logs, and online experiments (A/B testing) can be utilized.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, engineers, and other UXRs to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Complex technical and business needs should be considered and included into research.
- Communicate study findings to a wide range of audiences through written reports and in-person presentations.
- Analyze user input (interviews, usability testing, A/B testing, and validation testing) and produce study summary reports.
- Create user flows, restructure, and optimize them in accordance with business procedures and goals.
- 3+ years of comparable industry experience in User Experience Research, Human-Computer Interaction, Human-Centered Design, applied research, and/or product development and research is required.
- Experience designing studies utilizing a range of techniques, including but not limited to usability studies, contextual inquiry, and surveys.
- Experience working in a variety of product areas, applied research, and/or academic environments is desired.
- Strong understanding of the advantages of various research techniques, as well as when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Proficiency in conveying findings from user research to cross-functional partners.
- Possess the ability to analyze and organize data.
- You must be able to justify and explain your decisions.
- Pay special attention to the details and the overall quality of your work.
- Consider feedback as a tool for improving one's performance.
- Experience in Figma would be a benefit
- Experience with Google Suite
- Portfolio of projects
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Benefits package - medical insurance, sports
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
- Well-equipped office
Grid Dynamics is a leading provider of technology consulting, agile co-creation, scalable engineering and data science services for Fortune 500 corporations undergoing digital transformation.
We work in close collaboration with our clients on digital transformation initiatives that span strategy consulting, early prototypes and enterprise-scale delivery of new digital platforms. We help organizations become more agile and create innovative digital products and experiences using deep expertise in emerging technology, top global engineering talent, lean software development practices, and high-performance product culture.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley with over 1,300 technologists located in engineering delivery centers throughout the US, Central and Eastern Europe, Grid Dynamics has architected and delivered some of the most extensive digital transformation programs in the retail, technology and financial sectors to help its clients win market share, shorten time to market and reduce costs of digital operations on a massive scale.
To learn more about Grid Dynamics, visit www.griddynamics.com, or follow us on Twitter @GridDynamics.