Function:Digital MarketingClosing Date:22/09/2022Location: Remote - but with a requirement to visit London (Hammersmith) office as and when needed.About the role:
As a UX researcher you will be part of a highly motivated group of user researchers who are passionate about creating user centric, best in class, digital experiences that engage our customers and compel them to transact with us. You will also be fully involved in our high priority digital transformation programme to create seamless digital experiences for our customers and prospects.Reporting into the Digital Research Lead, we are seeking a customer obsessed user researcher to join our growing Digital team. In this role you will help inform and inspire user experience design. You will do this by generating and sharing insights from a range of sources including website/app surveys, remote usability testing, competitor research, moderated interviews, tree testing, card sorting etcWho we are:
At Virgin Media O2 we're going All In, to remove bias and barriers for our people and our candidates. We're working hard to achieve bold ambitions, to help us better represent the diverse communities we serve across the UK. As an equal opportunities employer, we support and encourage you, to be your authentic self throughout your application journey.Other responsibilities include:
- Delivering in-house user testing projects (either face to face or online) – including set up, recruitment, moderation, data collection, analysis and debrief; working closely with external agencies to assist with recruitment
- Being a UX research expert, providing advice and guidance on the most appropriate tools/methodologies to use to answer business problems
- Being responsible for full project management of onsite website surveys (including scripting, analysis and debrief), and analysis of actual on-site user behaviour, and you will use this data to provide ideas for optimisations and to support discovery research
- Supporting Product Managers, UX/UI and copywriters to deliver best in class user experiences across web and app - keeping them informed of any findings, and ensuring they understand and are able to take action on any insight generated
- Championing the voice of the customer throughout Digital to ensure optimisation backlogs and strategic goals represent customer priorities
- Being competent in delivering research/insight presentations and recommendations to a wide range of stakeholders including Directors, Product Managers, UX/UI, Copywriters, Analysts etc
Knowledge, Experience And Skills Required
- Experience managing and leading qualitative and quantitative research projects from planning through to analysis and delivery – you are a true subject matter expert
- Experience in setting up and moderating qualitative interviews with minimal supervision
- Expert in quantitative data analysis and experienced in undertaking text analytics
- Able to take both qualitative and quantitative data and turn it into insight and recommendations for action
- Experienced in extracting and sharing insight from user behaviour platforms (e.g. Content Square, Quantum Metric, Decibel, Google Analytics) to provide ideas for optimisations and future direction
- Good communication and report writing skills, including the ability to translate insight into simple terms and commercial opportunities or risks
- Excellent relationship-building skills with an ability to gain influence with a range of stakeholders in order to drive data-driven decisions
- Experience in working with designers, developers, analysts and Product Managers and confident in doing so with little/no supervision
- Ability to communicate persuasively and influence senior stakeholders effectively
- Strong attention to detail in a high pressure, sometimes regulated, environment.
- Great team player – work well with colleagues, contributing to overall aims of User Research Team and Digital department as a whole
- Innovative thinking – ability to think around an issue and solve problems.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo, operating in an iterative/agile environment, and willing to fail fast and learn quickly
- Efficient, motivated and driven
Desireable skills and experience:
- Experienced in using remote user research platforms to gather insight e.g. Userzoom, usertesting.com
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Experience utilising tools to analyse onsite user behaviour (e.g. Content Square, Decibel, Session Cam, hotjar, GA etc) preferable
- Skillset to create prototypes e.g. in invision, Figma
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.We're also open to chatting about part time or adjusted working (so don't be worried to ask the question).Salary: 40-50kIf you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
- A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
- Season ticket loans.
- Your birthday off every year, to treat yourself.
- The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some outstanding skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you.When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.