Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Contributes to qualitative and quantitative research functions. Conducts research that helps inform each stage of the product development lifecycle to drive cross-functional decision-making with mountains of data-driven evidence.
- Ability to translate business questions to key research objectives, leveraging the best methodology to execute research, to synthesize and analyze findings.
- Adapt methods to the research question at hand using a range of methods, weave together qualitative and quantitative insights for data and empathy- informed understanding.
- Communicate clearly and confidently with stakeholders to execute critical insights that align with the business top needs and timelines.
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy.
- Design and execute end-to-end custom primary research using a wide variety of quantitative methods, and interpret analysis through the lens of business impact, UX, HCI, and social science.
- Effectively manage and prioritize research plans through ambiguous and fast-changing environments.
- Work closely with product teams, as well as other researchers, to identify important research questions that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the appropriate methodology.
- Select how to invest your time and guide the team on which research tradeoffs are acceptable given the business question and timelines.
- Ability to explain metric analysis and analytical decisions clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences.
- Competence in key quantitative methodologies, e.g. card sorting and surveys.
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs.
Knowledge And Skills/Technology Used
- Solid understanding of Design Thinking, Agile, Lean and DevOps Principles.
- Proven fluency in a wide array of mixed-method research methodologies.
- Experience with personas, empathy mapping, road-mapping and other user experience methodologies.
- Experience in outcome-based delivery being business and solution focused.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and respond quickly to emergent problems
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, negotiation, and collaboration skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to define business and technical parameters.
- BA/BS in Computer Science with a focus on Human Computer Interaction and or Design
- MS degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Experimental Psychology, or a related field preferred
Typical Range Of Experience
- 4+ years of experience conducting product research, user experience (UX) research, or research in an applied setting
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.