Apex Systems, a Global IT Consulting firm, has an immediate opportunity for a UX Researcher to support one of our top clients remotely from the United Kingdom. Please find the details below.
If interested please email your CV and best phone number to Diana McDermott at email@example.com for consideration
Job Title: UX Researcher
Location: Remote from U.K.
Duration: (PAYE position inside IR35)
Pay: £ 400-650 per day (depending on experience)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of Agile or Lean UX or product methodologies and experience working in a collaborative, agile environment is a plus.
- Evidence to show the approach to problem solving coupled with skills in research, user experience, and design (both visual and interaction)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Apply one or more usability research methods to research questions for one’s design area.
- Determine the appropriate data and methodology to address problems for a design, based on information from key partners and users.
- Conduct research that helps designers to define one of more dimensions of the aesthetic vision and reach simplified design goals.
- Work closely with designers to develop prototypes that help to answer research questions, resulting in features based upon scenarios.
- Understand how to structure research and basics tests to reduce the risk of confirmation bias and one other type of bias impacting the results.
- Operate at least one digital design tool (e.g. Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision).
- Carry out usability testing, learning and adjusting, based on user feedback.
- Use the principles, methodologies and applications of Design Thinking, including actively participating in design sprints.
- Utilize a variety of design/ prototyping techniques, such as sketches, paper prototypes, scenario flows, presentations, or functional prototypes.
- Use prototypes as part of a participatory design process to generate and refine feature-level concepts and ultimately provide a better user experience.
- Proactively share information with teams across HXD, ensuring it reaches the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
- Aware of systems and service design principles and practices.
- Aware of UX principles and standard methodologies, including information architecture, interaction design, usability.
- Understand the basis of typography, iconography, colour, grid, spacing, layout and texture.
Required Skills and Competencies:
Experience in two of the following :
- BS/MS Degree; preference for Human Computer Interaction, Design, or Computer Science; or equivalent experience
- Experience working as a user research or business analyst with an in-house Design team or at a Design agency.
- Experience in an IT business interface role – successfully balancing business needs within a project