N Brown – who we are and why work for us?
At N Brown, we’re committed to building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive environment that values equality for all. Our vision is that by ‘championing inclusion, we’ll become the most loved and trusted fashion retailer’. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are, therefore, at the heart of our culture.
We’re a forward-thinking digital retailer with a financial services proposition to be proud of. We’re customer-obsessed, serving them through three core brands: JD Williams, Simply Be, and Jacamo. We’re experienced, with over 160 years of trading under our belt. We’re inclusive, as we believe in fashion without boundaries; and we’re sustainable, striving to make as little impact on the planet as possible.
We’re looking for a UX Researcher to join our User Experience team. Your role will be to uncover what our customers need from our products by undertaking primary research, exploring customer behaviour and motivation and working closely with designers and stakeholders around the business. You will be conducting usability research and user testing, creating personas and presenting your findings to the team and stakeholders.
What’s in it for you?
- Hybrid working and flexible start times
- 24 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 days
- Annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
- Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
- Mental Health support both internally and externally, including access to our wellbeing champions and counselling services
- A range of financial wellbeing support
- Colleague discount across all N Brown brands
- Onsite café with subsidised rates and local restaurant discounts!
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Paid volunteer time – all our colleagues can take a full day paid to volunteer for a charity of their choice
What will you do as a UX Researcher at N Brown?
- Be the user’s advocate – ensuring their needs are central to the design process.
- Responsibility for the planning and delivery of user research at every stage of the product’s lifecycle.
- Document and communicate actionable product research findings and recommendations with stakeholders throughout the business.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, architects and product owners to further enhance the user journey.
- Design quantitative and qualitative research https://www.linkedin.com/redir/general-malware-page?url=approaches%2eWork closely with analysts to validate and identify connections across data sources.Partake and employ end-user research and testing.
- Maintain working relationship and contractual arrangements with usability research agencies and participants suppliers.
What skills and experience will you have?
- Minimum proven 3 years’ experience in UX research, statistical analysis, qualitative / quantitate analysis
- Ability to identify key recommendations inspired by customer needs and behaviors.
- Proven experience of successfully integrating customer research into a products design practice.
- Display a strong understanding of the strengths and limitations of different research methods.
- A true collaborator and good teammate, able to work independently and as part of a team.Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate highly detailed research concepts in a simple and straightforward manner.
- Display an effective problem-solving ability.Proficiency with MS Excel analytical tools.
- Understanding of user-centered design principles.Our promise to you:We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What happens when you apply to a role at N Brown?As soon as we receive your application, we’ll send you an email to let you know. We always aim to come back to you as soon as possible with an update and we really appreciate you taking the time to apply for a role with us. Good luck!