Who are we ?
Hello. We're Prismic. We're a SaaS product aimed at meeting the needs of both individual developers and large enterprise websites, so our research team gets to speak with a wide variety of profiles.
In a nutshell, we're a CMS – like WordPress, but different – although that's a massive oversimplification. With Prismic, developers and designers are free to use their preferred technologies to build websites and content creators and marketers are able to independently add and edit content.
Now, just from reading that you will probably understand that this means that we serve a wide array of different profiles and needs — that's why our User Research team is so central to what we do.
And that's where you come in...to help us continue to evolve into a company where every design and business decision is user-centric.
There are over 2 billion websites on the internet and by the time you have finished reading this there will be thousands of new sites, so we have to stay on top of all of the new technologies that our users will employ and the needs that come with them.
Although we have always seen ourselves as a community and user-first product, we have spent the last year investing more time, energy, and resources into the UX research within Prismic, and we want it to grow.
What you'll do
Regardless of any specific methodology, your role is all about gathering insights, identifying real problems and informing potential solutions, both in product strategy and product development.
- Proactively collaborate with different teams (product, education, customer success, sales, marketing etc) to gather everyone's understanding and assumptions about users.
- Design and conduct end-to-end user research studies; planning, recruitment, execution, analysis and delivery
- Pull insights from a range of methods
- Communicate insights in a compelling way and ensure that they don't become 'shelf-ware'
- Collaborate with teams and turn research insights into real ideas through prototyping, wireframes, different mapping techniques etc.
- Help understand and tailor our user's journeys, specific to their use cases & objectives
- You'll help scale our research processes as our research team, and company continue to grow.
- With time, identify opportunities for research initiatives that will deliver value to Prismic
What we're looking for
- Hands-on experience conducting end-to-end user research studies (generative, evaluative).
- Experience combining qualitative and quantitative methods in a single study.
- Good knowledge of UX methodologies.
- Comfortable making design recommendations based on research and best practices.
- Strong skills in prototyping and communicating your ideas and concepts (Proficiency with Figma, Sketch, Framer...or any new hot tool out there).
- You have a fluent level of spoken and written English.
- Hint: being technically adept and conversant comes as a strong plus (it can get technical). You worked with developers extensively, you maybe have already built a website from scratch, used other CMSs before...?
- Experience applying your research skills to Software as a Service (SaaS) products.
Nice to have:
- Developer platform/tool industry experience.
- Experience applying your research skills to SaaS products relating to the creation, modification, and/or management of digital content (DIY website builders, open-source CMSs, modern solutions for editing)
- Experience in user research related to eCommerce and Market place.
- Quantitative performance reports through Google Analytics
What do we offer?
Our headquarters is based in Paris and if you are already in that area or willing to relocate then that is perfect - but this position is also open to remote applicants (although preferably in a similar time zone).
Some of what we offer may depend on your location, so we will need to discuss that at a later date, but this should give you a general idea...
- Competitive salary and compensation plan.
- Latest MacBook Pro, health insurance, meal vouchers, yoga classes, unlimited coffee, tea, drinks, and snacks in our Parisian HQ (11th arrondissement).
- 1️⃣ CV submitted along with a brief description of yourself and why you'd like to work with us at Prismic. Portfolio including design and research case studies is welcome.
- 2️⃣☎️ Introduction call: Let's talk :), fit, skills, key achievements (with 2 researcher)
- 3️⃣ ✏️Design call: based on your experience do a small homework or/and present a case study + review with the team (designers, devexp)
- 4️⃣🚀 Meet with our Founder and Head of product to understand the vision. This is an opportunity for you to understand our upcoming challenges and to ask all the remaining questions you may have.