At Squarespace, we make beautiful tools to help people with creative ideas succeed. UX Researchers work closely with product owners across our product lineup to drive the direction and impact of research - staying involved with the product teams and training their colleagues as needed to maximize their ability to understand and act upon customer needs.
We are looking for a UX Researcher passionate about understanding user behaviors, needs, and motivations by applying various research techniques to highlight the customer across the organization. You’ll study our user base of approximately two million entrepreneurs, artists, and creative professionals, who inspire us every day. You will collaborate with a Senior UX Researcher or Lead UX Researcher for daily guidance.
Our research is primarily qualitative in nature, but we always appreciate expanding our toolkit with quantitative skills!
- Partner with a Senior Researcher or Lead Researcher around a major area of the business to collaborate on opportunities, execute prioritized briefs, and ensure that the products we ship bring meaningful value to both the user and the business
- Support high impact user research ranging in scale from feature releases to concept explorations and execute iterative usability/concept testing
- Learn how to build, grow, and nurture partnerships with product managers, designers, data scientists, and engineers from the Leads on the team
- Be an advocate for research within the organization and find compelling ways to illustrate your research findings through storytelling
- Conduct iterative research and communicate findings in a systematic way to partners
- Identify, ask and answer questions that inspire product change
- ~2 years of UX Research work experience. Previous education and training taken into consideration
- Understanding of UX/Design Research methods (with a solid handle on usability and concept testing), and a experience with knowing when and how to apply different methods
- Comfortable presenting to groups, creating compelling stories from user data, and building strong relationships across interdisciplinary stakeholders
- Experience navigating ambiguity with stakeholders and working alongside a team of UX Researchers in a collaborative manner
- Basic familiarity with analytics and quantitative research is a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.