NorthShore Resources has a contract opportunity for an experienced UX Researcher to work on insight and validation of employee-driven experiences for in-store and in-home environments. In this role, you will serve as a practice expert to educate, collaborate, and evolve the product experience by advocating for the employee (and customer).
Please include a link to your online portfolio within your resume. Portfolio of work should include research deliverables such as plans, scripts and findings reports. Portfolio of both individual contributor or team-led samples. We are considering only currently local candidates.
Location: Richfield, MN
Must Have Skills/Experience
- Understanding of the user-centered design process
- Experience delivering digital solutions to a variety of industries
- Experience in a senior research role with emphasis on defining project approaches and solutions, and negotiation in a corporate environment
Experience conducting and evaluating qualitative user experience research methods including:
- Heuristic evaluation
- Usability testing
- Concept testing
- Field research
- Discovery research
- Paper prototyping
- Remote research
- Guerilla methods
- CUA or NNG certification
- Ability to work independently and and alongside both Experience Design team members as well as product and business stakeholders
- Detailed-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to be comfortable working in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Ability to self-define tasks, deadlines, and next steps as needed
- Ability to synthesize in the moment and quickly articulate outcomes by utilizing a co-experience mindset
- Ability to embrace the value partners bring to the Experience Design space
- Forward-thinking with the ability to be progressive and understand the retail world
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to assert a point of view positively across the enterprise
- Serve as a practice expert to educate, collaborate, and evolve the product experience by advocating for the employee (and customer).
- Responsible for executing research strategy set by research leadership, in conjunction with product vision.
- Lead and oversee research process including recommending appropriate methodology, scoping, planning, and prepping for in-person and remote studies.
- Work with team members and broader research team to ensure the needs of product are being met and uncover new ways to operationalize the way the team is working/partnering.
- Through secondary and exploratory research, conducts a thorough analysis of existing data to generate insights and recommendations aligned with corporate strategic directions.
- Synthesize in the moment and quickly articulate outcomes by utilizing a co-experience mindset.
- Partner with other product research teams to align on cross-functional needs and prioritization of work.
- Present clear and actionable findings to various levels of stakeholders.
- Review research repository for validity of data over time.
- Grow and foster partnership with XD and Product.
- Communicate with and update manager regularly.
- Get answers and remove roadblocks for researchers, associate researchers, interns and all partners.