As a User Experience Researcher at NewWave, you will be involved and engaged from a variety of levels within the MACBIS program. You will bring an innovative and dynamic approach to transform working with our customers and partners, conducting human-centered research to uncover goals and needs, framing customer opportunities, and participating in workshops as we co-design innovative services and products that make a meaningful impact on the day to day work of everyone involved in the MACBIS program.
Remote candidates will be considered for this role with travel for essential in-person engagements.
- Plan, conduct, and synthesize qualitative and quantitative customer and user research while working closely with cross-functional teams
- Perform human-centered research for both long-term aspirational and near-term tactical objectives, as necessary
- Communicate research findings so that they influence product strategy toward innovative experiences
- Act as an informed and passionate advocate for human-centered research at the organizational and product team levels
- Contribute research methods and findings to human-centered design workshops, concepts, prototypes, and alignment artifacts (e.g., service blueprints, journey maps, personas)
- Actively contribute to NewWave’s broader human-centered design program
- Work as a consultant within a larger team or independently
- Communicate professionally and transparently
- Proven experience planning and conducting qualitative and quantitative research methods that achieve objectives and lead to measurable results
- Proven experience as a transformational advocate of human-centered research to organizations and product teams not familiar with the approach
- Experience building relationships and using soft power to lead initiatives
- Ability to zoom in to tactics and zoom out to broader strategy
- Strong sense of empathy for customers and team members
- Strong understanding of common software development practices (Agile, SAFe, Lean, etc)
- 3 - 5 years related human-centered research work experience, preferably with some experience in government or data-intensive products
- Bachelor's degree in HCI, Service Design, Anthropology or related fields, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
- Comfortable working with complex data.
- Results and outcomes oriented.
- Strong facilitation, collaboration, and influencing skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive, always thinking ahead of the curve.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including senior leadership.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team-building culture.
NewWave is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. NewWave is a proud Veteran friendly employer.