A leading Real Estate platform is looking for a UX Researcher (contract) to join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers to work on offer products with theSeattle team. You will help define and conduct UX research to create amazing experiences!
Since research is embedded within the product teams, you have the opportunity to have a big impact on the products. Your research audience will be the millions of home-buyers who visit the sites with special attention to creating an excellent, seamless experience.
We expect that the team, including this role, will continue to work remotely during the duration of this contract.
● Plan and execute research projects that impact products and features used by millions of people every day
● Generate insights for both generative and evaluative purposes
● Collaborate closely with multi-disciplinary teams
● Collaborate with other researchers/research manager on project framing/scoping
● Lead research projects from start to finish: develop screeners and interview guides, moderate, analyze, synthesize, and deliver results
● Apply a variety of methodologies and approaches to understand complex problems
● Formulate insights for both generative and evaluative purposes
● Communicate results and illustrate recommendations in compelling and creative ways
● Develop a strong understanding of home-buyers needs and pain-points
The UX Research team is part of the Experience Design team that brings together interaction design, visual design, service design, and user research to deliver best-in-class user experiences. The researchers care deeply about the users, and are continually striving to better ground the company in user-centered thinking. The team conducts research to understand the end-to-end experiences across multiple platforms including mobile apps, mobile web, and desktop.
You are able to employ a wide range of research methods. You are able to quickly turn around usability testing and tactical surveys, as well as get deeper qualitative insights through user interviews, diary studies, and field observations. You are able to execute research in an agile development process and juggle multiple deliverables. You think deeply about end-to-end experiences, including both digital and non-digital aspects. Most importantly, you are a passionate advocate for our users throughout the development process.
● At least 2+ years of experience conducting user research in the tech industry
● Expertise in qualitative methods and knowledge of quantitative methods
● Ability to move fast. Some projects will take a month, but on others you might only have a few days between request and completion
● Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage your team in research and taking action
● Ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary product teams to translate research findings into product improvements