Saatva is looking for a UX Researcher to join our growing design team. Due to the current pandemic, this role would start remotely but would eventually be on-site in Saatva's Austin office.
This is a critical role that will be responsible for helping define and drive the future of Saatva’s world-class customer experience. Working with cross-functional teams that include product designers, product managers, and development engineers, you'll strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions through primary, secondary, evaluative and competitive research, as well as recognizing and anticipating industry trends to help prioritize and guide strategy and design decisions.
Who We Are
Saatva is the Direct-to-consumer luxury mattress and home furnishings brand that aspires to help every consumer get a great night’s sleep. At Saatva, we do more than sell mattresses to consumers. We are a brand that believes in consciousness and goodness — from what we put in our products, to how we treat our customers and each other. We believe our greatest potential is reached when we empower each other, and we believe in having a good time in the process. This commitment extends to a diverse and friendly environment that nurtures personal as well as professional growth.
- Be the voice and advocate of our users to represent their best interests.
- Work with product management, product design, and development leadership to prioritize research needs, drive research strategy and define the research roadmap
- Analyze and determine the appropriate research methodology and develop research/test plans to achieve stakeholder(s) goals
- Facilitate design sprints and workshops with designers, product managers, engineers and other stakeholders on envisioning exercises grounded in research insights
- Employ a variety of test methodologies such as Standard Usability Testing, Comparative Testing, Rapid Iterative Testing, Prototype Testing, Concept Validation, Benchmarking
- Conduct research across multiple platforms, and cross-channel: desktop, tablet, mobile web, and mobile
- Utilize remote, unmoderated usability test platforms to rapidly turn around concurrent tests
- Create well-written deliverables that provide succinct, and actionable insights
- Collaborate (and lead/facilitate collaboration) with Product Managers, other Designers, Analysts and Developers throughout the discovery, design and development process
- Create visual artifacts to articulate, inform and validate ideas with consumers and stakeholders (prototypes, wireframes, sketches, journey maps, personas, etc.)
- Work closely with analytics and product managers to identify areas of need, plan and execute A/B & multi-variant testing roadmap, and develop a cadence of performance data review
- Develop processes for socializing insights and ensuring insights are referenced and acted upon.
- Help define metrics to evaluate designs and user experience of our products
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience as an applied UX Researcher in a product-focused setting. E-commerce experience a major plus
- Persuasive communicator – able to explain complex or intangible concepts to stakeholders at all levels
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills
- Bachelor’s or MS in a human behavior related field (or equivalent with demonstrable work experience)
- Portfolio, work samples or case studies showcasing depth of thought on your UX research, solutions, and process
- Desire to work within a team, providing and receiving constructive feedback to achieve success, and growing as a team
- Ability to perform all research-related tasks including research, planning, evaluating, and iteration
- Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and act as a strategic partner in product decisions
- Experience with remote user insights tools (we currently use Validately, Hotjar, and Heap)
- Advanced proficiency in evaluating user interactions and identifying opportunities to improve the digital user experience
- Proficiency in analyzing quantitative data, and synthesizing it with qualitative feedback is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and excellent presentation skills
- Ability to quickly and effectively share research results