As a UX Researcher at Gymshark you will be responsible for guiding and enabling the product teams to design and build better products and experiences for people using a variety of research methods. As a Researcher you will incorporate user-centric thinking from problem definition to post-launch iteration. We ask thoughtful research questions, conduct contextual research, frame problems, synthesize insights, evaluate concepts or prototypes, and assist with launches and releases. You’ll be working with closely with our Product Managers and Design teams to improve our customer journeys across all of our digital products. You will be working to further understand the science of human decision making, working within the Insight team of analysts and UX researchers to help us define our Product strategies.
Above all of that though, you’ll be part of our culture – the most important aspect of any role within the Gymshark family. Complacency is the enemy, we work hard, we stay humble and we challenge the norm.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
• Deliver actionable and relevant insights aligned to both product and designs decisions.
• Providing hypotheses-driven research, with a focus on detailed journey flows and continuance to identify opportunities to improve our products.
• Delivering regular summary reports and insights to the wider team with actionable insight-driven recommendations.
• Coordinating findings with analysts and designers to make holistic and strategic insight recommendations to drive improvements.
• Work within the AGILE SCRUM framework to ensure the smooth handover of their deliverables.
• Work with the Product Design team to ensure we are using data to inform and drive all design decisions.
• Supporting the Product Manager in prioritising specific business and customer requirements using digital insight to drive decision making.
• Working with the design team to identifying optimisations and improvements to our UX/UI.
• Conduct research throughout the product lifecycle from early stage generative research, through iterative concept or prototype testing, and post-launch measurement
• Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods, such as surveys, usability testing and information architecture research.
• Advocate passionately for the customer, ensuring that the product experience is aligned to user needs and expectations.
• Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Experience in applied product research.
• Past experience working as a UX Researcher with a proven record producing data-driven insights and recommendations.
• Have expertise in knowing which research method is appropriate for a situation.
• You’re a compelling storyteller who can communicate in succinct and inspiring ways to a variety of audience types to influence real world product or feature decisions.
• Experienced at describing and documenting your processes and decisions.
• You have a data-focused mentality. You enjoy solving problems, big and small, glamorous and not, for all kinds of users.
• You’re an expert in your craft, but you recognize the importance of setting aside the time and space to learn and grow.
• You’re a fantastic team player, communicator and facilitator.
• Hands-on experience working on digital products. We’re looking for people who have recognized opportunities and customer needs – and helped to turn them into experiences that have delighted real users.
• Have an entrepreneurial mindset. Roll up your sleeves, thrive in chaos, and get shit done.
• Be excited by data and the power it has in modern businesses.