OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be based in the Pacific Northwest, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The eCommerce team powers our US and Canada Columbia.com sites as well as our Customer Care Center. From merchandising and marketing to product management and technology, the consumer is at the center of everything we do. And, the eCommerce team is known for the relentless improvement of the customer experience-always striving for a better, faster, easier experience.
The eCommerce CX team is looking for a UX Researcher who will deliver insights that lead to demonstrable business value. This role is responsible for coordinating and designing qualitative and quantitative, behavioral and consumer opinion research that supports eCommerce activities and is critical to driving the best digital experience for our consumers.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Meet with internal business partners to identify usability opportunities, recommend and serve as an experienced customer advocate incorporating user research in the project life cycle including both pre and post publish
- Design of research studies, including hypothesizing issues in order to plan, conduct and analyze (surveys, prototype evaluation, usability testing, etc.)
- Analyze customer behavior and communicate insights to the organization on customer behavioral trends, attributes, and profiles.
- Develop shopper personas from industry knowledge as well as customer data gleaned from Marketing/Merchandising partners and Consumer Insights teams.
- Synthesize data from multiple sources to tell a holistic story
about our customers’ shopping experience across time and multiple devices
- Plan, moderate and analyze Voice of Customer research (surveys, prototype evaluation, usability testing, focus groups, etc.) to obtain user preferences and feedback
- Partner with the User Experience and IxD to translate research results into design recommendations that resolve customer struggle points and increase online conversion.
- Work with semantic information architects and taxonomists to structure best practice find-ability experiences for consumer across all digital touch points and continuously add value by tracking behavioral metrics with heat maps, eye tracking etc. blending with other NPS/ KPI.
- A great communicator, with superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills to communicate clear, concise findings and actionable recommendations to designers, technologists, project managers, and executives.
- Able to produce hi and low fidelity sketch prototypes in digital or physical form notes
- Able to use a variety of way flow diagram tools and design way flow with annotation
- Able to translate business requirements into interaction requirements for technical teams.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with software applications, web applications, web sites, responsive sites & native mobile apps
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Science, or related field, or combination of equivalent education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in user research and usability analysis.
- Proven track record executing ethnographic and usability studies to evaluate customer (shopping) behavior across time and device in the digital space.
- Proficiency in qualitative and quantitative data analysis, remote testing, testing mobile interfaces, card sorting, survey evaluation, A/B and multivariate testing, and heuristic evaluations.
- Working knowledge of data-logging tools such as Ovo Studios, Morae, Camtasia, etc and prototyping tools like Balsamiq, Sketch, Irise, Protoshare etc.
- Experience with Web Analytics, eCommerce domains, agile and lean product development practices and remote user testing tools