Seattle, San Francisco, or New York City. Remote in North America only
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet and expand economic access globally. We’re designing tools and infrastructure to help our users start, run, and scale an online business from anywhere in the world. We believe there are too many barriers to doing business on the internet, and that opportunities are not equally distributed throughout the world. We also think building and growing a business online is a problem rooted in code, language, and design—not finance.
That’s where you come in: we’re looking for an experienced UX Researcher to join our growing UX Research team to collaborate with product teams to build world-class product experiences in a creative, focused environment.
About UX Research And The Role
The UX Research team is part of Stripe’s Design team and works across many types of brand and product initiatives at Stripe to more effectively and efficiently deliver products and experiences that fulfill user needs. And since Stripe’s main audience is other people who build products, we agonize over and take pride in crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences.
In addition to conducting primary research, we also enable other Stripes (engineers, product managers, designers, operations, etc.) to learn and apply research skills to global problems. You will play a role in shaping how we build research as a core competency across Stripe and define how we put users first when conducting research.
As a UX Researcher, you will be dedicated to a product team and collaborate directly with product, engineering, and design teams. This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, Seattle, New York, or remote in North America. This would be an excellent opportunity for a seasoned qualitative researcher who is interested in building and applying their craft.
- Lead critical research efforts and conduct complex multi-phase, mixed-method studies that deepen our understanding of the user experience and drive product strategy.
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion as a strategic partner to business leads, product managers, designers, and engineers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our products by grounding these decisions in user needs and insights.
- Prioritize research needs and approaches across multiple work streams to work on the right project, scale, and scope at the right time and ensure impact by delivering actionable insights.
- Enable other Stripes to learn and apply research skills by building research programs, platforms, and toolkits that empower them to conduct tactical research.
- Partner closely with other researchers to build out Stripe’s research practice and infrastructure. Source and manage research vendors to help augment the work of the research team.
- Disseminate research insights to evolve and enhance Stripe’s understanding of user needs and identify innovative opportunities to meet those needs.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Can conduct complex research at scale and demonstrate the use of a variety of research methods, which may include qualitative interviews, surveys, ideation sessions, ethnographic field research, usability evaluation, and diary studies. You might be a mixed-methods researcher, however your strength is in qualitative research.
- Have 5+ years relevant user research experience working on digital experiences and specialize in generating actionable insights that drive impact; with a plus if your work includes developer-focused, B2B or enterprise products.
- Can lead, design, execute, and communicate impactful research in a fast-paced, earlier stage product development process and know how to integrate research into product and design roadmaps.
- Have a desire to do hands-on research on an early-stage team, from planning and recruiting to analysis and insights delivery.
- Tell compelling stories and are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and use them to effectively roll out large scale research programs.
- Relentlessly focus on users and solving for their needs and wants. You put users first and have experience driving impact from insights.
- Can successfully set and achieve priorities that find the perfect balance between benefiting the project, the Research team, and all of Stripe.
- Can balance working with urgency and focus with methodological rigor and adapt as needed for the situation.
- You’ve built or scaled research platforms, systems, or programs at your workplace.
You Should Include These In Your Application
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
- A written description of why you’re interested in this role and examples of how you’ve exemplified the qualities listed above in your previous work experience.