Effective visuals and designs give scientists the tools to convey incredibly complex scientific concepts in an unambiguous, universally accessible way. At BioRender, our mission is to empower the world to learn and communicate science faster through visuals, and we are passionate about accelerating scientific discovery and understanding by democratizing science communication.
As a UX Researcher, you will be an integral part of BioRender’s efforts to streamline the collection and integration of user experience (UX) data into our product cycle. You will also play a pivotal role in the coordination and execution of new tools and features for BioRender users.
Our ideal fit:
- Strong team player and willing to take on collaborative projects with the team
- Passionate about science communication
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves working on projects that span cross-disciplinary teams
- Curious, loves asking questions, and thinks outside of the box
- Dedicated to building a product users love
- Wants to revolutionize how science is communicated around the world
- Identify BioRender users for UX studies based on various parameters, including user field of study, role, and frequency of BioRender app use
- Gain actionable insights thoroughly but efficiently, including scheduling recurring in-person sessions, using digital tools for unmoderated testing, visiting coffee shops to conduct usability research, and prototype testing.
- Work closely with the Product development team to forecast which new features require external UX research studies (vs. internal team-focused feedback)
- Develop a system for aggregating UX study data, reporting back to the product team and making recommendations on new feature development
- Review UX studies on a weekly and quarterly basis, developing reports and identifying high-level project findings
- Facilitate product decisions and identify new areas of opportunity by analyzing user data and talking to users. You will own projects and work with UX, engineers, designers, copywriters and illustrators to drive them to completion.
- Evaluate existing data collection practices and make recommendations to the engineering team
- Innovate on how to improve the product development process. You will anticipate blocks or threats and communicate them clearly to the team.
- Book meetings for different projects to make sure they are on track and action items are getting completed on time.
- Review customer service summaries, bugs, and feature requests to ensure that the items on the product roadmap are always highest priority. You will be the go-to person for feature requests and product decisions and will work directly with our CEO to build an amazing product that our users love
What you bring to the table:
- 2-5 years of experience as a UX Researcher at a SaaS company
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, education, psychology, or a STEM field
- Masters or PhD in Life Sciences field a plus
BioRender is a software tool that allows scientists to accelerate groundbreaking research across the life sciences by reducing the time it takes to visually communicate research from many hours to just minutes while drastically improving outputs. We aim to save scientists over 1 billion hours of wasted time per year so they can spend it performing life-changing medical research, teaching the scientists of tomorrow, and helping people understand the world around them.
An incredible group of investors back us, including Y Combinator, Refactor and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs in the world. Our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies to the most renowned universities and research institutions.
Our tight-knit group is bonded by its shared commitment to our core values of resourcefulness, curiosity, integrity, empathy and humility. By both individually and collectively embodying these values, we can create clean, powerful, elegant solutions that delight our customers.
We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. We believe that people do their best work when they feel good, and every member of our team deserves to feel safe, empowered, and supported. To this end, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary + options
- High-growth position in the early stage of a promising company
- Key placement with important responsibilities in the organization
- Alignment of your professional growth with the company’s growth
- Health and dental benefits package, employee assistance program, and a health spending account
- Additional perks like weekly lunches
Ideally, you would work onsite at our office in Toronto; however, given the ongoing restrictions brought on by COVID-19, this is currently a remote position. We are open to considering continuing in a remote capacity once restrictions are lifted.