AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoors platform in the world. We help people explore the outdoors with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from our community of millions of registered hikers, mountain bikers and trail runners in 150 countries. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-5 Health and Fitness app and has been downloaded by over 30 million people worldwide.
Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems so that we can get more people outside having healthy, authentic experiences and a deeper appreciation of the outdoors. Join us!
• Collaborate with Design and Product teams to identify research needs ranging from small to large initiatives, and help teams frame questions and research goals
• Plan, conduct and execute independent research projects end to end, including strategic, foundational, iterative, and evaluative research projects across all platforms
• Incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research to help answer high-impact questions
• Collect and analyze user behaviors through various qualitative and quantitative research methods (e.g., contextual inquiry, benchmark studies, surveys, usability testing, concept testing, ethnography, A/B testing, and behavioral analysis)
• Represent the voice of the user throughout the product development process, working closely with cross-functional teams
• Analyze, summarize and clearly communicate research findings to stakeholders and project teams into actionable insights through written reports and oral presentations
• 5+ years experience managing qualitative and quantitative research projects in a professional environment across native and web platforms
• Relevant experience designing, and conducting research across business and product development — from exploratory research to market research surveys to usability studies
• Comfortable with different qualitative research methods including, but not limited to surveys, interviews, concept testing, usability testing, group discussions, workshops, field studies, etc.
• Able to take broad or ambiguous research topics and turn them into actionable findingsExperience visualizing complex workflows and communicating those to other teams
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to articulate process and findings to cross-functional stakeholders through written and oral presentations
• Self-motivated: Ability to work in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous work environment
• Comfortable with ambiguity and thrive working with a small team in an ever-changing environment
• Humility, empathy and open-mindedness - no egos
• Passionate about the outdoors
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Anthropology, Sociology, or similar
• Research experience with a wide variety of groups (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc.)
• Understanding of SEO best practices
• Passion for working in a fast-paced, growing environment
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.