We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that has raised nearly $134m since our creation in early 2015. Backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies, including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel industry.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion—by simplifying the process for everyone involved.
In spite of the ongoing global pandemic, we’re continuously growing and adapting to the situation. We’re turning lemons into lemonade—because we’re innovators. We’ve even developed TravelCare, our very own travel risk management tool, to ensure business travelers are safe and sound before, during, and after their trips. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
What will you do?
TravelPerk is looking for Product Researcher to champion the customer in every conversation and ensure the user remains at the centre of our product. You will combine customer insights with product strategy to ensure we build a product that continues to provide a 7 star experience!
Do you have natural user empathy, a curious mind and attention to detail to spot customer trends? We need you!
As a Product Researcher, you will:
- Own customer insights and consult with key stakeholders regarding product strategy.
- Develop a deep understanding of the product and potential pain points.
- Speak with key customers and bring valuable and actionable insights back to the product team.
- Conduct an in-depth competitor analysis in our key markets.
- Train others to run research sessions to share information gathered across the product team.
- Build an easily accessible repository of insights to inform on key initiatives related to company OKRs.
- Facilitate and run workshop sessions to address key issues within the product.
- Work with account managers to contact and schedule research sessions with relevant profiles.
- Set up scalable feedback loops where ideas can be quickly tested and validated, allowing rapid iterations before going to market.
- Support each of the squads by gathering and translating insights into easy-to-digest and actionable recommendations.
- Get “out of the building” and find creative ways of getting our products and prototypes into the hands of business travellers.
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years in a research role related to UX.
- Experience working in an agile product team.
- Excellent level of spoken and written English.
- Confident at presenting and speaking with a range of audiences.
- Ability to analyse and interpret qualitative data.
- Broad knowledge of various research methods and an understanding of when to apply each.
- Well-organised and structured.
- Experience in a travel or SaaS company would be a plus.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
- Vacation days: 24
- Flexibility to work from home most of the time.
- Health perks, these vary depending on your location (private healthcare in Spain)
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary.
- Perks such as language lessons, yoga and office food have been put on hold during COVID-19 and will be reviewed.
Flexible Work Policy
- Until local governments and health professionals say it is safe to work from an office, TravelPerk will offer you 100% remote working from the country you are employed in.
- Once it is safe, you will need to be based in or relocate to Spain.
- You can be based anywhere in the country you are employed from but we will require you to travel to the office hub in Barcelona once per week.
- In addition, every six weeks you will be required to travel to an office hub location for 3 to 5 days to meet with your whole team and sometimes the rest of the company for an event.
- We have core working hours between 10:00-15:00 CET.
- Team members that want to go to the office more than once per week are welcome to!
We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world. English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.