Opportunity: The Mom Project is helping to source candidates for the above client who is looking for a UX Researcher
Commitment Level: 40 hours per week, on-site, contract through December 2020
Our Customer is one of the leading global interconnection platforms and the world’s largest data center provider. They connect the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the world's most connected data centers in 52 markets across five continents. Their mission is to protect, connect and power the digital economy.
They are seeking a UX Researcher on a contract basis to assist with ongoing business needs. As a member of the UX Research team, the ideal candidate will help shape the end to end UX Research process for a hyper-growth product development organization. The candidate will be planning and conducting user research studies and experiments across multiple products and digital experiences, collaborating closely with the customer’s UX Designers, Product Managers, and other key stakeholders.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify and help to prioritize research opportunities
- Craft and refine customer personas
- Apply quantitative and qualitative methodologies to collect and analyze user behavior data and communicate actionable recommendations to stakeholders
- Partner with engineers and designers to develop requirements for interactive prototypes
- Support teams to apply research in the software development cycle; ensure consistency, rigor, and accuracy across research studies and programs
- Partner with analytics teams to leverage insights from data sources
- Manage participant outreach programs
- Maintain the UX research repository of past reports, study templates, guides, and other deliverables
- Evangelize user research internally, and nurture a culture of experimentation through proactive knowledge sharing across teams
- 5+ years of professional work experience in UX Research
- Experience with generative/evaluative research using quantitative/qualitative methodologies
- Demonstrated understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Experience facilitating research studies and experiments, such as in-person and remote testing, concept evaluation, card sorting, A/B testing, iterative prototype testing, field research, survey design
- UX Research experience for Cloud/SaaS, PaaS and/or IaaS products is preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or related field required; Master’s degree or PhD ideal
Hours & Location:
M-F, 40 hours/week. Work will be done from home until offices can safely re-open, at which time this role may be asked to come onsite. The expectation is to be onsite at Sunnyvale, CA location once it is deemed safe to do so.
Now for the Perks!
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life (including spouse & child), 401k, STD/LTD, AD&D, and Commuter Benefits program.