What You’ll Be Doing...
We start with an outside-in approach to form meaningful relationships with customers and create experiences based on their interactions throughout the entire product lifecycle. Our work is fast paced, serving B2B customers in fields such as IoT, Wholesale, Security, Innovation and Public Sector (to name a few). We help the product teams deliver meaningful experiences based off customer interest and feedback supporting applications, products and platforms.
This is a highly visible role within our organization, interacting with executives and collaborating with teams across Verizon Business Group. You’ll be interacting and collaborating with customers, executives and teams across Verizon Business Group.
- Working with CX data and VOC teams to synthesize analysis and insights.
- Direct the development of the framework/methodologies for research to understand users, customers & stakeholders for Verizon Business products.
- Creating personas, journey maps and flow diagrams.
- Developing an understanding of the attitudes and behaviors of our target market.
- Developing and communicating UX strategies in multiple outputs, including executive presentations.
- Creating screeners and manage the recruiting process that target the right users.
- Conducting concept and usability testing, document results and create recommendations.
- Performing heuristic analysis, wireframe analysis, and card sorting exercises.
- Analyzing customer feedback and research UI/UX best practices and present findings to all key stakeholders.
- Performing competitive analysis and communicate findings to all key stakeholders.
- Working with product and design teams to incorporate testing feedback into the end experience.
- Working in a cross-functional team of designers, product management, developers and copywriters to concept and develop solutions that are effective, authentic and innovative.
- Facilitating and participate in workshops.
- Translating customer insights into meaningful recommendations.
- Communicating insights within the product and engineering teams in a format that inspires action.
- Partnering closely with insights, customer trials, designers, engineers and testers.
- Owning and driving projects independently, while sharing your work frequently.
- Working at both tactical and strategic levels.
What We’re Looking For...
We are looking for a diverse, passionate, motivated UX Researcher to join our UX team, and drive the value and importance of research as it relates to our business products and customer experience. We need someone who can make an immediate impact on our team. You will immediately be positioned to our customers as an expert. You’ll be influencing the design of great products, based on exceptional customer experiences.We expect to see an accurate resume with related work history, and a presentation highlighting examples of UX Research, journey mapping, user personas and related work.
You’ll Need To Have
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even Better If You Have
- Degree in experimental psychology, human computer interaction, anthropology, or related discipline.
- Basic understanding of cloud compute or MEC solutions.
- Design experience or knowledge of design tools, such as Sketch.
- Experience working in a technology product space following agile development.
- Five or moreyears of proven experience working in UX testing and development.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous, and constantly changing agile environment.
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting).
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization, including senior executives within the company.
- Knowledge of prototyping tools.
- Willingness to travel to conduct research, approx. 2-3 days/month.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication.
- Have sharp presentation skills.
- Ability to read a room and pivot from distractions.
- Have knowledge and experience with industry tools.
- Deadline and timeline awareness/accountability.
- Empathy for customers and people.
- Be collaborative and active listener.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond - doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.