Our Covid-19 statement:
We understand that the current environment is one that causes concern and worry. We want our applicants to know that we are committed to the recruitment and onboarding process for this role and so the experience will be reflective of our culture of embracing change, agility in our processes and putting our people first. This means the hiring (and potentially onboarding) of this role will be done completely remotely. We will work with our candidates to make this process as smooth and accessible as possible.
We're looking for a User Experience Researcher to join our Manchester team, someone who is in their element understanding and bringing the customer voice to life for Moonpig.
Moonpig is the world’s largest online personalised greeting card retailer. We now have over six million active customers and ship over 17 million cards per year. We’re one of the UK’s largest online retailers of plants and flowers and our aim to become the UK’s personal gifting companion.
It's a great time to join the Product and Experience Design team. We are investing in our product teams and the latest technologies. By the end of 2020 we'll have a world-class eCommerce and software development platform. At the heart of this strategy is a new design system, which will be used across the customer experience.
What You’ll Be Doing
We’re looking for a talented User Experience Researcher to help shape the UX Research vision and evolve the way Moonpig conducts research across all our customer touch points. You will play a vital role in creating exciting new products that will make it easy and enjoyable for our customers to express themselves and celebrate important occasions.
Other responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with the Senior UX Researcher to build a strong research proposition across the company, engaging with different functions to drive change through customer feedback
- Collaborating with the Head of Product Design in the continuing development of UX principles to be used across the product team as an anchor point to what the wider team stands for
- Managing and prioritising your own backlog and conducting research to assist with our success
- Driving creative ways to collect and analyse customer behaviours that will inform the product and features we create
- Leading on business as usual research and supporting the Senior UX researcher with strategic business projects and act not only as a service to business requests, but as an influencer in business focus
- Impart your wisdom and mentor members of the Product & Design team
- You understand the interplay between business requirements, product strategy and user experience
- You have solid experience running research, from the creation of a brief to delivery of findings
- You’re comfortable taking the lead and love to be creative with developing new ways to design and deliver research
- You have an understanding of / experience with working in an agile environment - regardless, speed and quality is at the forefront of what you do
- You are comfortable moderating respondent interviews (individual and focus groups, online and in-person)
- You have experience designing creative, unbiased surveys and qualitative guides
- You have experience running remote, asynchronous testing on a platform such as Usertesting
- You have experience with analysing qual and quant data incl. large sets of responses and bringing different data sets together into one debrief
- You have experience delivering findings in engaging ways e.g. workshops
- You have experience mentoring and helping team members to learn research techniques
Bonus Points for:
- UX experience - we welcome anyone making the switch from a non-UX research role
- You’re passionate about learning and are self-motivated when it comes to your own development (inside and outside of work)
- You are interested in driving change within an organisation, using evidence to build your case
- You have or would like to deliver external talks and papers
You have a BSc or MSc in Psychology or relevant subject (experience and attitude means more so don’t worry if you don’t have one)
Want to hear more about Moonpig and our benefits? Take a look at our dedicated hiring site bit.ly/Moonpig_Hiring
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion.