Blink is a UX research and design firm that works with great companies to create meaningful digital products, brands, and experiences. With studios in Seattle, San Diego, San Francisco, Boston, and Austin, Blink brings two decades of experience using our evidence-driven design process to projects for clients such as Microsoft, Amazon, Starbucks, and NASA.
Blink is looking to add a UX Researcher to our Seattle studio. Our user research experts apply a wide range of usability and field research methods and skills while interacting with client teams and their users. Ideal candidates will have previous client consulting experience with a track record of delivering compelling research findings and recommendations on-time and on-budget.
When you apply, you will also be asked to describe how you see yourself fitting into Blink's values-based culture and where you will contribute the most. Please review Blink's mission and values on the career page to help answer this question.
You will also be asked to share a presentation of 2-3 work samples in the interview process.
- Moderating and planning usability lab studies and field user research sessions.
- Analyzing research findings and preparing high-impact reports and presentations for clients.
- Editing video highlights from research sessions.
- Meeting with clients to help define work and propose specific tools and methods.
- Delivering findings that ensure the usability and usefulness of interfaces for our client's end-users.
- Advocating for users while understanding the business goals of clients.
- Formal education in a relevant field such as human-computer interaction, human centered design, cognitive psychology, anthropology, sociology, or equivalent hands-on experience to demonstrate an understanding of user experience theory, methods, and practices.
- 3+ years of experience designing and conducting a wide range of UX research activities.
- Excellent qualitative interviewing skills. Ability to engage deeply with study participants in order to help research stakeholders gain empathy for users.
- Experience analyzing qualitative data.
- Superlative presentation and written communication skills.
- Experience working directly with clients in a consulting role, including leading client meetings.
- Proven ability to communicate recommended design solutions for observed UX issues.
- A high comfort level with emerging technologies.
- Working knowledge of video editing techniques.
- A working knowledge of technology constraints and capabilities.
- Direct experience with user centered design projects.
- Post-COVID: Ability to drive to client meetings on a regular basis and the ability to travel 10-20% each year, depending on client locations and projects.
- Design experience a plus.
- Enjoy working independently and taking ownership of work.
- Ability to focus in time-sensitive environment.
- Expert in and excited about applied User Experience research.
- Excels at working in a growing and evolving business.
Blink is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.