Work with members of our UX and Product teams to design & conduct user research, and contribute findings and actionable recommendations to further the creation of successful consumer and enterprise user experiences. You have the ability to analyze data from multiple sources and synthesize issues with usability and UI root causes. You then organize and execute usability programs to further investigate these issues and test the efficacy of proposed solutions .
- C onducting user research and translating findings to actionable recommendations to the Product and Interaction Design team
- Organize and execute usability programs to further investigate issues and test proposed design solutions
- Determine UX research methodology to optimally meeting project goals/objectives and best practices
- Contribute to the design and implementation of new research methods
- Develop end-user personas
- Conduct competitive audits
- Explore new technologies and their application to real-world services
- Aid in prototyping of new service concepts and functionalities
- Run and analyze concept validation studies with a sample of consumers with our off-site eye tracking/usability lab group
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management.
- Follow legal policies as directed.
- E xcellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to design, implement, and moderate a variety of UX research methods including: usability testing, contextual inquiry, card sorting, focus groups, surveys and questionnaires, competitive a nalysis, heuristic evaluations, information architecture, qualitative & quantitative research
- Perform data/statistical analysis based on consumer or usability data
- Create compelling presentations of findings and actionable recommendations; ability to engage stakeholders in presentations.
- Express design recommendations using wireframes, mockups, simulations
- Working knowledge of end-user research and design methods applied web and mobile consumer and enterprise users on a variety of devices and technologies
- Strong interest in current developments in user experience research methods and approaches, and supporting technologies
- Understanding of rapid and full prototyping methodologies and techniques with basic HTML and CSS
- Data Analysis
- End User Requirements Research
- User Research
- B A/BS or MS degree preferred (PhD a plus) in related field.
Who We Are:
Just a few minutes from Salt Lake City and Utah’s ski slopes, Overstock is an original resident of “ Silicon Slopes ”, one of the fastest growing technology hubs in the country. We’re a passionate group of collaborative problem solvers and creative innovators, working on cutting-edge technology. From building award-winning retail applications (with amazing AR functionality ) to creating leading blockchain and machine learning technologies, each of us embodies a unique value and contributes a diverse perspective to the team.
What We Offer
Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election
- 401k (6% match)
- Flexible Schedules
- Onsite Health Clinic
- Tuition Reimbursement, Leadership Development Program, & Mentorship Program
- Onsite Fitness Center with group fitness classes and trainers
- Onsite Cafe with additional Coffee Shop and Juice Bar
- Onsite Greenhouse, providing fresh fruits & vegetables for our cafe
- Overstock Women's Network (OWN)
- And More…
This position requires you to sit, stand and perform general office functions. You may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.