Want to work on products that connects clients to creatives across the globe? We have an amazing opportunity for a UX Researcher!
- Help build a world leading global creative platform
- Join a team passionate about continuous improvement and learning from the people that use our products
99designs is the world’s global creative platform that makes it easy for clients and designers to work together to create designs they love. Our mission is to champion creativity to create opportunities for people around the world. Founded in 2008, 99designs has grown from a small, online forum into a worldwide community of talented designers that is now the go-to solution for businesses, agencies, and individuals.
We’re looking for a UX Researcher to help craft the future of our market-leading digital product suite. This is an amazing opportunity to work in a highly collaborative role and requires a creative thinker, a helpful mentor, a team player, and a skilled communicator - all rolled into one!
About the role
On a day to day basis, you will:
- Be responsible for building a deep understanding of the people who use our product and their behaviours, attitudes and motivations, challenges and pain points.
- Translate your research findings into design recommendations.
- Development of appropriate research processes and documentation to support various projects and business objectives, including; research artefacts; questionnaires; scripts and personas.
- Bring rigour to projects and take the lead on planning research, calling upon mixed research methods.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering and other cross-functional team members.
- Provide recommendations on research approaches and best practices to other team members, helping them grow their skills and research toolkit.
- Act as an advisor for roadmap items, bringing both qualitative and quantitative data to the conversation to support your recommendations.
Required Experience and Skills
- Passionate about user-centred design and accessibility
- You have at least 2 years of experience working as a UX researcher
- You have an excellent practical understanding of research methodologies and have strong documentation, communication and presentation skills with an ability to effectively input into design critiques
- Ability to work on multiple, simultaneous projects of all sizes and complexity
- Experience with user-centred design methodologies and integrating research into agile workflows
- Experience in planning and conducting a range of research methods including contextual enquiry, depth interviews, diary studies, remote usability testing, creating/facilitating workshops, and others as required
- Ability to articulate clear and actionable insights and recommendations, and in multiple ways (such as journey maps, showcases, presentations etc)
- Flexibility in adapting your approach to meet the needs and standards of the organisation.
- Organised, disciplined, analytically minded and rigorous
- Great communicator that loves organising, documenting and sharing knowledge
- Exceptional intellectual curiosity, a passion for problem-solving and comfortable working with ambiguity
Working with us
We’re a global team with a philosophy of encouraging passionate people to be fun and creative. With offices in Melbourne, Oakland, and Berlin we benefit from bringing together the experiences and viewpoints of a wide range of talented people from around the world. We believe a diverse workplace is a healthy workplace.
99designs employees enjoy many benefits including:
- Flexible working hours
- Continual training and learning, including in-house mentoring opportunities
- Annual Volunteer day, as a group exercise or individual contribution
- An active and inclusive social club, with events for you and your family
- Paid parental leave
- Top-of-the-line Mac gear
At 99designs we care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We welcome applicants of all types, from all backgrounds that have the skills and experience we're looking for. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.