Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, and designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, Halo, Call of Duty, Dragonvale, Star Wars, and many others. Our caliber of talent keeps us at the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you'll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex?
We're now looking for an experienced, data-driven UX Researcher to join our team.
What You'll Be Doing With Us
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methods to understand our medical professional audience needs and expectations with respect to projects in development
- Conduct exploratory competitive and industry research, concept and validation testing
- Identify key user experience problems and recommend actionable solutions to the team
- Prepare and deliver formal playtesting readout presentations to stakeholders
- Use creative and rigorous research methods with expert facilitation skills
- Work closely with our UX team, Medical team, and Physician Liaison Manager to lead playtests, workshops, focus groups, usability studies, survey development, ethnographic research and other types of research activities
- Analyze, interpret, synthesize, and communicate findings effectively working with short cycle times
- As part of the UX team, you will collaborate with Analytics, Game Design, Production, Product Management and other teams to drive our research needs
- Drive change by communicating research with direct action items
- Lead UX research and strategy workshops in order to align teams
- Recommend and facilitate execution of A/B and multivariate testing
- Write, speak, present and educated others on the importance of user research
Who We Want To Meet
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience in conducting research
- Able to source from, and produce meaningful and actionable insights from different sized datasets
- Able to determine and execute the right research method for the question at hand, including when to use qualitative research methods
- Approaches problems with a user-first mentality
- Willingness to look holistically at qualitative and quantitative research, identify gaps, and work cross-functionally to fill those gaps
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with spreadsheet and document tools such as Google Suite and Microsoft Office required
- Experience with UX prototyping tools is a plus
- An understanding of the foundation and principles of UX, and how they apply to a player's experience
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 4 weeks of PTO
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Full-time remote until we return to our convenient downtown Loop location
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume including a link to your online portfolio for this important role. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or Recruiters, please.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.